Steven Cole Smith
Steven Cole Smith Contributor
9/10/20 9:10 a.m.

[Editor's Note: This article originally appeared in the September 2020 issue of Classic Motorsports. Some information and prices may have changed.]

There’s no question that the number of students in the U.S. taking Latin has “dropped significantly” over the past century or so, despite a plucky comeback thanks to J.K. Rowling’s “Harry Potter” books, where helpful life lessons are often …

Read the rest of the story

cosworth1
cosworth1 New Reader
3/9/21 5:07 p.m.

I've brought over two collector cars from the UK, the second just last year. Both came using RORO, and worked out very well.

Of course, going that method versus containerized is directly relative to the vehicle and it's value. Neither of my cars would be considered to be "big buck" collectibles. If I had bought a Gullwing or Blower Bentley, I never would have used this method. But it is a lot more affordable when shipping less valuable collectibles. Either way, one needs to apply adequate insurance for the journey.

And if using RORO, get your seller to take photos of the vehicle, right at the port before it departs. All angles of the outside, as well as the interior. This way, you have some documentation of it's condition right before it left, just in case you would need to file a claim of any damages when it arrives.

gbarker
gbarker None
1/22/22 2:26 p.m.

In reply to cosworth1 :

I've shipped my '69 E-Type back and forth to the UK in a 20ft. container (solo).  Back in the 70s, I had a TR6 shipped over from UK to Baltimore on a RORO.  The crew has your keys to load the cars onto the ship at the departure port and to drive the car off at the arrival dock.  Guess what.  Keys were 'lost' and crew made off with 'souvenirs' from the car.  Won't do that again...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tOWMefu67pWkd5DNwDgZ9jE4fl5rz2KI7UKqfEwph6PZzhP1ljhTYx7rDZsAhpTm