AndreGT6
AndreGT6 None
3/6/08 6:20 a.m.

Well the other night I had a few mins free and happened to jump onto flea-bay... when what did my eyes behold... A VERY VERY Rare Triumph GT6 MK1 triple intake manifold.

I've owned the GT6 almost 7 years and this has to be only the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen something like this.

So naturally I pounced.

http://www.gt6.ca/08/0304/

Now this opens up a whole new issue, I just bought those love new SU HS 1.75" carbs, d'oh... But I plan I still running the SU's.

The triple Dellorto setup will come in time. I need to be humble and save up for some sexy carbs, but before that I will port the head and look into a hotter cam.

Still a 7 year search looks to have ended in success.

My wife just shakes her head at me, "what your new cards I bought for you at Christmas are not good enough???" hehe Its an illness.

A.

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 None
3/6/08 6:23 a.m.

Some interesting discussion from the 60's triple vs PI...

Injection or multi-carb

I like the 0-60 times for the triple carb setup heheh

A.

ddavidv
ddavidv None
3/7/08 7:18 a.m.

I used to collect parts far worse than I do now. My wife would always ask which car something was for, and inevitably it would be for something other than the project I was currently working on. Tough habit to break, but sometimes you just have to buy stuff. :cool:

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 None
3/7/08 4:04 p.m.

Well at least I only have the GT6 other wise I'd be doomed.

I've been making an honest effort to reduce my required funds for my hobbies... Not off to a good start ;)

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 None
3/11/08 4:07 p.m.

Postman showed up with my new intake manifold today.

http://www.gt6.ca/08/0311/

Snakedriver
Snakedriver None
3/29/08 9:00 a.m.

Triumph-tune sells a triple intake. Works great. My old GT-6 with Webers and a 2.5 could put the heat on any V-8 out there.

Leo

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess None
4/1/08 3:09 p.m.

Leo: You mean until 2nd gear grenades?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E2kUcXUidAbcSpQqbobT03oj0cIvuqe43ylmY4twSaZWyCkALot0pZJV3Qs6ctxv