Bryan
Bryan
4/6/08 10:32 p.m.

Last year my wife and I took a weekend getaway in Ft. Davis, TX. While walking around town we found a X1/9, 240Z,XJ sedan,three MGAs. And this one guy had acres full of old Toyota 4X's and 4Runners. Yesterday on my way to Canyon, TX for a SCCA regional autocross I stopped stretch my legs in Lamesa, TX. I saw a half dozen Mercedes sedans, Volvo-turbo brick style, and a MG. How this poor little chrome-bumper MGB GT w/ Virgina plates(last registered in '95) and a smashed nose ended up in that one-horse town I'd sure like to know. Does this happen all over or is it a west Texas thing? Kinda sad really.

rconlon
rconlon None
4/7/08 9:27 a.m.

Bryan: Only a few European cars did not go to big coastal cities but the ones that went to the midwest did not rust and even abandoned ones are still quite solid and restorable. I bought mine in Oklahoma and even though it was neglected for 10 years, it was still solid and driving. It also had little value and almost no buyer market. Prices are reaching the level where shipping these bodies to a market will soon make sense. You will notice that very few Healeys or Jags are left in the field.

Cheers Ron

Burke
Burke None
4/7/08 2:23 p.m.

I agree with Ron. Us Floridians are not too fortunate in that aspect. You find a neglected car down here and it is a rust pile with four tires :grin:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Oiwe0Udrkpw9RFr0E3zyOJtJG7hmzjGomyhBmjqLd51jXVJlMRL7Ls0qGXPllvJU