Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder UberDork
6/14/07 10:31 a.m.
feature_image

Since our Alfa is up on jackstands for some time to come, we decided to upgrade the transmission mount with this nifty little upgraded piece from Powerflex. It replaces the empty space in the mount with pliable, but firm polyurethane. This should help keep our drivetrain from moving around under load.

Read the rest of the story

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
7/2/08 8:59 a.m.

If I were a lottery owner, I'd have one—just for the opulence, if nothing else. (It would also be on lease, because even as a brazillionaire, I wouldn't want anything to do with those service costs.)

My kids could give two hoots about 0-60 times, so the SRT8 wouldn't impress them. Besides, there's no way any SUV would take the steal the "fun car" spot in my driveway.

Is the Touareg the answer? No, not likely. Is it a very nice truck thing? Hell yes. Why not a Cayenne? I don't know, I haven't driven one of them yet. I have driven (and been stranded by) enough DCX products to not consider them much better or more reliable than the questionable Volkswagen.

It's nice to have some banter on the reviews, anyhow. Maybe the Touareg should have received a lower overall rating, but I was really impressed with the way it drove.

Just wait until we're done with the review of the Hybrid Chevy Tahoe we just had...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HJHDpLg7x1w16Ml9XuLwFVeH10ty0deDgxRvHktOkaq1YxVIvzPnpyULn5ghzUmE