obsolete
obsolete GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/25/23 12:31 p.m.

https://go.harborfreight.com/email/2023/05/25-off-any-single-item-181509/

As usual, there are a lot of exclusions. The best bang-for-the-buck item I can think of that doesn't appear to be excluded is the trailer kits, but I already have one of those. What are you guys using it on?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/25/23 3:36 p.m.

Oooh, thanks for the heads up.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/25/23 4:18 p.m.

dang.  I thought it was time for me to buy one of their electric pressure washers, but...excluded.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/25/23 4:27 p.m.

I'm going to get one of these benches for my scale modeling stuff. I figure I'll assemble it without the lower shelf and use it as a work desk. The drawers, LED light, and peg board are pretty ideal for what I'm doing. They run $129 before the coupon discount.

obsolete
5/25/23 5:00 p.m.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) :

I've had one of those for a while. I used to use it for electronics, but after I got married, it became my wife's, and she uses it for sewing. We made two modifications to it:

1. Painted the pegboard white. It reflects more light which brightens the bench up and just makes the whole thing look nicer.
  2. Replaced the light with a lower color temperature. The one that came with it was so greenish-blue, it made everything under it look weird.
classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
5/25/23 5:14 p.m.

Looks like that excludes chests, which is a bit of a bummer! I'm wondering if i shouldn't wait for a coupon/sale to buy a tool chest..

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/25/23 5:22 p.m.

In reply to obsolete :

Thank you. I'll plan on the pegboard paint before I even assemble it and I'll see how the light thing works out. 

obsolete
5/25/23 5:43 p.m.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) :

Mine has the old fluorescent light. Looks like the new ones come with an LED light, maybe it's better.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
5/25/23 7:00 p.m.

Was looking for a Bauer drum sander / finisher but it's not included.

ohh well , 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
5/25/23 8:05 p.m.

I'd say the deal is the $428 tool set. Brings it to $320. Quick way to fill a toolbox. 

https://www.harborfreight.com/master-technicians-tool-set-428-piece-58154.html

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/25/23 9:26 p.m.

I managed to loose my cartoon novelty sized 18" adjustable wrench. I think it fell off my tractor. They rock for tractor stuff. 

Maybe i'll go extra cartoony and get the 24" one.  

BoulderG
BoulderG GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/25/23 9:46 p.m.

How are the cheap 1/2 inch torque wrenches? Really only using it for lug nuts.

(They're also cheap enough I'd probably use the coupon for something pricier.)

DocRob
DocRob Reader
5/25/23 10:37 p.m.

In reply to BoulderG :

I used for that express purpose for years until it was stolen out of the car. Accurate enough.

-

I have my eye on one of the Vulcan stubby gas lens TIG torch kits. Coupon drops it below 50 bucks. Also one of their Chicago Electric electric sheet metal shears. 

robert777
robert777 New Reader
6/6/23 10:55 a.m.

In reply to BoulderG :

I have used these 1/2 torque wrenches for lug nuts for many years. It finally gave up and the head stripped. I wondered so I took it in to HF and showed the clerk and he handed me a brand new one, this was last fall. New ones are better then the older ones, love it. Bought another one on sale for my son.

For lug nuts, yes I recommend them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vT87OosdirNRQSU7l3WzqxTqf7aZyecB9HZZdO4h8PMSB7rkNSnPi0Tekj0qOifB