J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
2/1/23 8:37 a.m.

Series tend to come and go, but International GT reaches a milestone this year: its 10th season. That’s a testament to the organization, especially since it runs late-model Porsches and Ferraris–vehicles that racers could run at many other places. 

However, a strong contingent of teams–both professional and amateur–elects to race International GT. That includes IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship driver Cooper …

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/1/23 9:17 a.m.

In the last few months, we've welcomed several national series to Daytona: HSR, IMSA (a few times) and International GT.

International GT might be the sleeper: cool cars, tons of access and not many people in the way.

I took two friends to the event. They were both blown away by the cars and the access. They were very much like, "I can't believe we're standing among GT3 cars in the Daytona garages and talking with the crews."

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
2/1/23 11:24 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

I'm always on the look for top-tier racing without top-tier crowds, so I think I'll be adding International GT to my "fun stuff to do" calendar. 

David S. Wallens
2/2/23 11:53 a.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

See you there. 

David S. Wallens
2/3/23 10:57 a.m.

At Daytona, International GT shares the weekend with an Audi club track event. Basically, it's a chance to see GT3 cars race in a most chill environment. 

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
2/3/23 11:20 a.m.

So, what are the license requirements for this class?

David S. Wallens
2/3/23 12:13 p.m.
racerfink said:

So, what are the license requirements for this class?

International GT's comp license application

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zDW6TO0cVCEc4NU3oHTQsrjPYLq2SUoGXVsyhkuW8WAL219RZB68HeikSNO03af4