dcteague
dcteague New Reader
1/4/18 8:27 p.m.

Are there any GRM events at Sebring in March?

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
1/5/18 8:44 a.m.

I don't know of anything official but I know that myself and a group of friends often camp it every year.

dcteague
dcteague New Reader
1/5/18 8:06 p.m.

I'll be there this year for sure - already reserved a spot.

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
1/6/18 9:57 a.m.

I want to say our crew is at turn 7 every year

car39
car39 HalfDork
1/6/18 2:22 p.m.

Interested in going in 2019, so any info or secrets you want to share would be appreciated.  Any good places to stay in the area.  We're 3 senior citizens, so the tent camping thing is a few decades gone.   When I first started going to Daytona, Morgan Shepard was competitive, but have never seen the Sebring.

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
1/6/18 9:40 p.m.

We rent a small camping trailer that we used to tow with a cherokee, its a pretty part atmosphere compared to some other tracks I have been to. For example VIR was very sedate and great spectating all over.

2019 I believe WEC is running right after the IMSA 12

dcteague
dcteague New Reader
1/9/18 8:52 p.m.

I'll be at right at corner 3 - hopefully its a pretty good viewing spot since I'll be on the top of my camper hopefully for some of the races if we can get a good view.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/9/18 10:05 p.m.

Nothing official but several us usually make the trip. 

Devilsolsi
Devilsolsi Reader
1/10/18 8:57 a.m.
Jaynen said:

We rent a small camping trailer that we used to tow with a cherokee, its a pretty part atmosphere compared to some other tracks I have been to. For example VIR was very sedate and great spectating all over.

I will be shocked if the WEC thing actually happens the way they described it. Starting a second 12 hour event of a different series right after a 12 hour event finishes seems idiotic. Not to mention there are some drivers that run in both series. 

I have been to races at a number of tracks, going to Daytona for the 2nd time this year. Never been to Sebring, but it is very high on my list. How is it from a spectator's point of view? Can you walk the track and watch from different points like you can at Daytona, VIR, Watkins, etc?

dcteague
dcteague New Reader
1/10/18 9:20 p.m.

It'll be my first time there - but will let you know after the  rade.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
1/11/18 12:41 a.m.
Devilsolsi said:
Jaynen said:

I will be shocked if the WEC thing actually happens the way they described it. Starting a second 12 hour event of a different series right after a 12 hour event finishes seems idiotic. Not to mention there are some drivers that run in both series. 

I have been to races at a number of tracks, going to Daytona for the 2nd time this year. Never been to Sebring, but it is very high on my list. How is it from a spectator's point of view? Can you walk the track and watch from different points like you can at Daytona, VIR, Watkins, etc?

I guess I don’t see your concern.  If WRL teams could do a 24hr race, split in to three 8 hr sessions, I don’t think the professionals that run IMSA, WEC, and Sebring will have much problem.  And many of these drivers that run both series, run several 24hr races throughout the year.

Devilsolsi
Devilsolsi Reader
1/11/18 8:38 a.m.
racerfink said:
Devilsolsi said:
Jaynen said:

I guess I don’t see your concern.  If WRL teams could do a 24hr race, split in to three 8 hr sessions, I don’t think the professionals that run IMSA, WEC, and Sebring will have much problem.  And many of these drivers that run both series, run several 24hr races throughout the year.

I just don't see the point. The majority of the race would be run at a time when no one (on site or on tv) is going to be awake to watch it. I have no issue with them running the same weekend. I just don't understand why they would try to start the race immediately after the IMSA race. Run one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xKYbA3IPMv20pVxVLTw6EdBv3U66gO4WD4Pu2mJmnLQTmUQ1LMchaIoUjyCojfeC