1 ... 18 19 20
TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Dork
5/4/21 10:49 a.m.
DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
5/4/21 11:08 a.m.

Was the 9.99 pass on the same set up as the 10.27 pass earlier in the video, just closer to sea level?

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
5/4/21 11:16 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

Was the 9.99 pass on the same set up as the 10.27 pass earlier in the video, just closer to sea level?

4/17/21  10.27@127  17 psi boost (lighter WG spring and controller maxxed)

5/01/21   9.99@132.9 - 19 psi boost (heavier WG springs and controller in operating window)

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Dork
5/4/21 12:05 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Turned up the boost 2 pounds down track. Roughly the same conditions at the track.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
5/4/21 8:58 p.m.

Andrew....Calvin......this is truly an awesome effort on both y'alls part, but MOM  (aka Patty) gets all the cred for trying to clean an oily windshield with no windex!!!! I'm lazy and I don't remember what trans you're running????....the explanation for a higher rear gear is very interesting , but what really impressed me is y'alls execution on the chassis suspension setup. This bad boy hooks up and flies STRAIGHT down the track(on 10 incher's).....with MiNimal front end shenanigans. Are you running a rear sway bar?

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Dork
5/5/21 9:03 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Thanks. It's a TH400. No rear sway bar. It's just the factory 1962 Studebaker leaf springs with some slapper bars. Nothing too crazy. Only fancy part are the Calvert Racing Single Adjustable shocks.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
5/6/21 8:15 a.m.

In reply to TheV8Kid :

Very impressive. One thought, you ran minus the hood. Is there any speed difference hood on or hood off?  Maybe a little better time minus the hood due to accelerating a tiny bit less weight?  

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
5/6/21 3:37 p.m.
frenchyd said:

In reply to TheV8Kid :

Very impressive. One thought, you ran minus the hood. Is there any speed difference hood on or hood off?  Maybe a little better time minus the hood due to accelerating a tiny bit less weight?  

We were busy checking and tweaking things and too busy making passes.   The hood would have likely improved the ET with aero. Too light to cause the ET to go higher 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/21 5:45 p.m.

Watched the video today with my 6 year old son.

He wants to see more "real races" ie lining up against another car. Just FYI.cheeky

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
5/6/21 10:22 p.m.

In reply to wheels777 :

Interesting.  Any SWAG what sort of improvement?  I ask because champ car doesn't require a hood and I may run without it if it's not too great a handicap. 

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
5/7/21 6:53 a.m.
frenchyd said:

In reply to wheels777 :

Interesting.  Any SWAG what sort of improvement?  I ask because champ car doesn't require a hood and I may run without it if it's not too great a handicap. 

No.  The car ran a 9 and that was the goal.  No need to spend energy guessing what it might do.  

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
5/7/21 8:37 a.m.

I love that you used a Studebaker. It's so classy.  (I might be slightly biased since my grandpa used to be a mechanic at a Studebaker dealership)

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Dork
5/7/21 8:46 a.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Watched the video today with my 6 year old son.

He wants to see more "real races" ie lining up against another car. Just FYI.cheeky

Good to know. Maybe we'll do that with another car. The goals for this one have been reached. Any changes from now on will be changes that will improve the driving experience. I definitely enjoy the testing side of things more than anything else. Racing another person doesn't really do a lot for me. Too much driver skill involved. I like to test my engineering, not my reaction time. I could see how getting into more competitive racing could be more entertaining to watch though.

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
5/9/21 4:39 p.m.
JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
5/9/21 7:29 p.m.

Great coverage.  

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/24/21 10:34 a.m.

In reply to TheV8Kid :

Saw the call out to you in Richard Holdener's recent Atlas video.  Cool!

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
5/24/21 1:45 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

In reply to TheV8Kid :

Saw the call out to you in Richard Holdener's recent Atlas video.  Cool!

Richard and Calvin talk frequently.  It has been a fantastic exchange between those two and also with Jeremy from fasterproms.  Jeremy included 2 nice segments on recent videos about the Fairmont, the Nova and the Talon. 

It will be fun to see how far the 4200 will be taken.  We (our tribe) worked on the 4200 for the Fiat yesterday.  It is always a boost when 'celebrities' recognize the efforts made, and especially when they recognize someone young like Calvin.  

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/24/21 2:44 p.m.

In reply to wheels777 :

Sounds like I need to start watching Fasterproms again.

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
5/24/21 8:06 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

In reply to wheels777 :

Sounds like I need to start watching Fasterproms again.

As long as it doesn't get in the way of the nivlac57 videos laughlaughlaugh

1 ... 18 19 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3XxPXI0zkS05s7bD4j5BKpXcA7AluZGCTkJ4hZTXheC3O61MlMKCxueX6wAjA8jo