1 ... 9 10 11
TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
3/28/18 4:17 p.m.

In reply to Mezzanine :

Thanks. That one took a little time to make.

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
10/21/19 8:33 p.m.

Bumped for build documentation and discussionary reasons.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/29/19 12:02 p.m.

This car is awesome! I think we all knew that already, but seeing it in person really drives home how freakin' fast it is.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
10/29/19 12:33 p.m.

AKA: The Giant Killer, here kitty kitty kitty.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
10/30/19 6:15 p.m.

Everybody talks about how the Nelson clan engineer their cars.  How you keep expenditures low by fabricating your own stuff in-house and by subtracting weight rather than adding horsepower.  One thing everyone (except me of course) overlooks is how dialed in your cars are.  Watching the video, I see absolutely no wasted motion whatsoever.  The car just hooks up and marches down the track as straight as a string.  Obviously driving talent plays a role but your set-ups mean there's no need for heroics whatsoever.

So am I surprised you beat Don Garlits driving a Hellcat?  Nope.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
10/31/19 11:10 a.m.

I am really frustrated that most of the pics in this are now gone.

I know these are very aerodynamic, but how well do they handle? Are they like any other GM car in that regard?

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
11/5/19 3:39 p.m.
Jerry From LA said:

Everybody talks about how the Nelson clan engineer their cars.  How you keep expenditures low by fabricating your own stuff in-house and by subtracting weight rather than adding horsepower.  One thing everyone (except me of course) overlooks is how dialed in your cars are.  Watching the video, I see absolutely no wasted motion whatsoever.  The car just hooks up and marches down the track as straight as a string.  Obviously driving talent plays a role but your set-ups mean there's no need for heroics whatsoever.

So am I surprised you beat Don Garlits driving a Hellcat?  Nope.

Thanks. We (me watching the car and Calvin driving) made 28 passes two Friday's before the challenge in the same day. Made a bunch of adjustments and tweaks. 

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
10/25/21 5:01 a.m.

Bumped as requested.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/21 8:01 p.m.

In reply to wheels777 :

Can you fill us in on the changes that almost got you in the 8s?  Not all of the secrets just some general stuff.

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
10/25/21 8:17 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to wheels777 :

Can you fill us in on the changes that almost got you in the 8s?  Not all of the secrets just some general stuff.

5.3 LS SBE ring gapped. 706 heads.  LS7 cam. Truck intake. Semi turbo.  No IC.  Water meth sprayed into the compressor.  Family recipe on the mix.

1 ... 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tbkWgcqEIdIw9tfGm95IQEMdPAQYOB1l95tB0lCazAmW8ryhv2UicoInJOgc8IjC