noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/14/15 4:42 p.m.

Reading on-line where everything is true I read that the beam axle on a 98 Sentra is built with approx 1/4 toe in. And there is a procedure that a few people can do to bend the axle to reset it for zero toe. Anyone here ever done this? And another question. To reduce the twist of the axle is there a procedure for welding the axle up like on A2/A3 VWs? Just curious more than anything else. But you never know.... Thanks..

erohslc
erohslc Dork
11/14/15 6:14 p.m.

Easiest way to increase the beam stillness is to fit a standard anti-roll bar, or increase thickness if it already has one.

echoechoecho
echoechoecho New Reader
11/14/15 8:02 p.m.

OH I can help with this!! For my challenge car I U-Bolted a single leaf spring(from a truck) under the beam. The more U-Bolts you use the stiffer the beam gets so its kinda adjustable just make sure the U-bolts are equal distance apart or weird things can happen. For me two was two soft and five was to stiff, 3 was about right. Ill see if I can get a picture.

DatsunS130
DatsunS130 Reader
11/15/15 9:12 a.m.

So I know for the b16 sentra they sell shims (check rockauto) that will correct the rear toe and the b15 onwers also use because the rear beam is the same. Not sure if the b14 has similar parts.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltimaDork
11/15/15 1:15 p.m.

I was gonna say shims but it looks like this one has actual stub axles, not self contained hubs. Bending it is the only way to change alignment.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/15/15 1:29 p.m.

Yes, axle is a complete welded unit from stub to stub.

echoechoecho said: OH I can help with this!! For my challenge car I U-Bolted a single leaf spring(from a truck) under the beam. The more U-Bolts you use the stiffer the beam gets so its kinda adjustable just make sure the U-bolts are equal distance apart or weird things can happen. For me two was two soft and five was to stiff, 3 was about right. Ill see if I can get a picture.

If you would, that would be great. This could be interesting.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dZLymEM339A6L6abbBqNzxUdDANTqo4F1QhPzLk2I7InodlsjMVTEfbQinvz2fhb