1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/24/21 10:04 a.m.

Everyone making it home okay? 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/21 11:28 a.m.

We got home yesterday safe.  Hope everyone else has safe travels.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/24/21 12:29 p.m.

We are still 10 hours out but doing ok.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/24/21 2:24 p.m.

Home. Mule unloaded and coolers drained. Thank you to GRM for putting on another great event and to everyone who gave me a hand over the weekend.

Even without a formal banquet I was glad I stayed last night. Great dinner gatherings and an after chat in the lobby that went past midnight. Tales were told. 

Can't wait to see you all next year!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
10/24/21 3:06 p.m.

Just got home.  Many stops to stretch and wake up.  718 miles each way makes for a long weekend.   Thanks all!

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
10/24/21 3:49 p.m.

Spent the 2 hrs worth of driving, driving. Now enjoying some football at the local hooters.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/24/21 4:10 p.m.

Left after the awards yesterday and drove halfway home. Made it home and had everything unloaded by 3pm today. My wife appreciated the early arrival compared to having the awards banquet at the hotel. 

I had no one to give me poor ideas on the way home what a relief. No model rocket powered runs were planned on this drive. 

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/24/21 4:53 p.m.

Made the 15 mile trip yesterdaty safely. Spent the day today at the junkyard pulling parts for the mid engined class next year. Thank you for checking on us. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/24/21 5:17 p.m.

I stayed until Sunday morning, soaking up every bit of the experience I could. John is right, great conversation in the lobby of the hotel last night. I just walked in the house.

On the way home today, I stopped through Jacksonville at the home of the previous owner of the Morris.

An engine stand, some parts and fabrication materials, tools and books acquired.

The next Challenge is less than a year away, so there's no time to waste. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/21 5:38 p.m.

We were home by 1pm yesterday. I hated missing the concours, but it was sure nice to have today to rest, relax, and plot a half-budget build. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
10/24/21 5:58 p.m.
wheels777 said:

500+ down and 400 to go. Lots of 2022 planning being done along the way.  

I thought next years' car was already built? Four letter word starting with "F" and painted white.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/21 6:10 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Don't forget the grippy rubber! 

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/25/21 12:30 a.m.

We pulled in about an hour ago. Got unloaded and rolled the doors down just as it started to rain.

I handed CB the autoX plaque on the way out, and the concours plaque to Bob. berkeleyers almost made me cry, damnit Bob!

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/25/21 6:00 a.m.

We started North but have a week before we make our final leg home, relaxing and planning in the mean time!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/25/21 7:01 a.m.
gumby said:

We pulled in about an hour ago. Got unloaded and rolled the doors down just as it started to rain.

I handed CB the autoX plaque on the way out, and the concours plaque to Bob. berkeleyers almost made me cry, damnit Bob!

I did a little

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/21 10:24 a.m.

All home safe here. Though not dry. The enclosed trailer rental really paid for itself in the last 100 miles.

evildky
evildky SuperDork
10/25/21 12:27 p.m.

Our 10.5 hour drive down took about 13, the trip back only took about 11.5.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/25/21 1:25 p.m.

Got Home last night, I'm dry..  The car is not.  Seats are a small pond, chassis now has a good surface for anti-rust paint to adhere too...

But I figured out why it wouldn't run and started it this morning.  

So many plans for next year.  Better get working.

David S. Wallens
10/26/21 3:57 p.m.

Glad to hear that the trips home went smoothly. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/27/21 10:04 a.m.

Home safe.  Moseyed.  Made it to northern NC on Sunday, Baltimore Monday evening to drop off White Lightning at captdownshift's place, and we had a nice bro-date at IKEA (my second date there) then made it home to Harrisburg by 9:30.

I slept like a dead man.

Thank you ALL for a killer few days.

She looks naked without the stickers

10/27/21 11:49 a.m.

Side note to anyone mattress shopping, don't get an open box one from Ikea until the new models come in. 

David S. Wallens
10/27/21 12:16 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

I won't go there (trust me, we do not need to go there) but I once dozed off on a couch at Ikea. When I woke, a dude was doing the same on the couch next to me. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/27/21 7:49 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Still likely cleaner than the Georgia Tech sofa. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
10/27/21 9:00 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

Home safe.  Moseyed.  Made it to northern NC on Sunday, Baltimore Monday evening to drop off White Lightning at captdownshift's place, and we had a nice bro-date at IKEA (my second date there) then made it home to Harrisburg by 9:30.

I slept like a dead man.

Thank you ALL for a killer few days.

She looks naked without the stickers

Two things....new trailer to you and what is the latest on the 'candy van'? .....or how many weeks, months, do I go back to check the build thread to get current on it's status? late

10/28/21 8:50 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

"It's not the sofas, it's the people" 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QTlajuM2unsyXp6CmulEMT8CEMmKql255Ljhpdvh76jbr1UgOLH4uPEC7CsqJUv5