RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/18/20 3:47 p.m.

It appears all the tuning options are for the 3.5L. Are there any for this one? (VQ30DE)

TGMF
TGMF HalfDork
6/18/20 3:54 p.m.

Not sure if they cover VG30 or not....might be too old....  but look into  UpRev? 

Flashed my Armada with it....good stuff.  

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/18/20 4:01 p.m.

RomRaider is a relevant rabbit hole you might want to go down.  I was looking into using that for doing a VH/VK swap on a future project.  Check this link out.  http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=11098

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/18/20 4:19 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

That's one I saw but my ECU wasn't supported. :(

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
6/18/20 4:21 p.m.

Stillen? Are they still around? I'm pretty sure they made parts for them when they were new.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/18/20 6:15 p.m.

The Stillen chip was hard to get even back in 2003 or so when I had my 5th gen. I'm sure there's a pirated version of it out there, but chips on VQ30DE-K, as I recall, were never very effective or popular. Y-pipe (in particular the Cattman one) gives much better gains on the 00-01 Maxima, if you don't already have one.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/18/20 6:17 p.m.
Saron81 said:

Stillen? Are they still around? I'm pretty sure they made parts for them when they were new.

generally referred to at 'Stealin" back in my maxima days since you could get the same quality stuff for half the price from other manufacturers. The go-to back then for a lot of stuff was Cattman (Brian Catts). No idea if he's still doing the stuff either. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rLI2qeynJxww77AXH0ewdtGHV3AjIoRbD4dOhhT2KuY26Qma7uAB6YHfsOxNwH9X