1 2 3
evildky
evildky Dork
9/10/08 10:52 p.m.

I registered for myself plus 3, looks like I only need me plus 1, any chance I can get a refund at the late date for the other 2? or am I relegated to finding challangers that underbought?

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
9/11/08 10:30 a.m.

I'm going to chat with Alan and Steve at Nats next week.

You need to email me for specific challenge refund issues.

Challenge entry is open until 9/15, but number requests are no longer being accepted. Number panels are ordered.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Reader
9/11/08 11:47 a.m.

Hi Tim, I heard that Friday morning you are going to have free fresh donuts for everyone at the $2008 challenge! Is that true?

I also heard rumor of a Shamon/diety/Yogurt type to come in to ward off rain for Drags .

dollraves
dollraves New Reader
9/11/08 12:47 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Umm... it's not the 15th yet. Are you coming or not??? Don't wanna be Team (GTX)x1.

Okay, okay, registration sent via Priority mail with chocolatey goodness. Sorry, had to wait for my boss to approve my vacation. :D

Here's hoping the GTX even runs after leaving it with my brother for a year! It may be a fun (read: painful) week getting it ready!

Per Schroeder
9/11/08 12:59 p.m.

We haven't gotten with Krispy Kreme for this event, as its logistically a lot harder for us to get the donuts there (2 hours from 'our' krispy kreme).

evildky
evildky Dork
9/11/08 1:30 p.m.

so if registration is still open I can get a refund on my 2 extra's? who do I need to talk to?

cemike2
cemike2 New Reader
9/11/08 9:55 p.m.

How much electric power does the donut machine need??

Per Schroeder
9/12/08 10:01 a.m.

Ducky, how many times have you been to this event? email me and I'll get those refunded.

Per

evildky
evildky Dork
9/12/08 10:49 a.m.

where are the e-mails addresses? sorry but the new site sucks, I e-mailed someone last night

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/12/08 10:54 a.m.

To prevent (or least inhibit) spam, nobody's email is publicly visible. You can contact Per by either clicking the "contact" link at the bottom, or going to his profile page (click his avatar) and following the "send private message" link.

admc58
admc58 New Reader
9/12/08 8:01 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: I'm going to chat with Alan and Steve at Nats next week.

Alan will be at the challenge but will not be at nationals this year.

My wife is driving to Destin and I need to meet her there after the Challenge. It would be great if I could catch a ride from somewhere near Huntsville AL to the challenge and then over to west Florida (Destin). Anyone going these directions????

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS New Reader
9/14/08 9:48 p.m.

What is the cost for spectators?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
9/14/08 9:52 p.m.

zero.....

Per (from tom's 'puter)

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/18/08 8:46 a.m.

registered me plus one yesterday. woohoo! now all i have to do is finish my car....

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/19/08 12:37 p.m.
admc58 wrote:
Per Schroeder wrote: I'm going to chat with Alan and Steve at Nats next week.
Alan will be at the challenge but will not be at nationals this year. My wife is driving to Destin and I need to meet her there after the Challenge. It would be great if I could catch a ride from somewhere near Huntsville AL to the challenge and then over to west Florida (Destin). Anyone going these directions????

Al -- I'm glad to see you'll be at the Challenge this year. I'd really like for you to drive the V8 944. I'll try to make it not suck.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
9/20/08 4:30 p.m.

I sent my paperwork a couple of weeks ago, emailed per this thread but still have not received any confirmation of my entry.

Steve

924guy
924guy HalfDork
9/21/08 9:43 a.m.

Ill be there as a spectator friday , try as we did, couldnt get enough bugs worked out of the car to make it even remotely competitive in time. BUT, Were going to come cheer you guys on and hang out out for the day...

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
9/21/08 10:45 p.m.

My project will be built in three weeks, I will be happy if it just finishes....the RX7 will wait for next year

jamesohoh7
jamesohoh7 None
9/22/08 7:17 p.m.

Man, I'm jealous of all the fun y'all will have this year.

Went last year (v8-RX7, Teim Doosh Kanoo), but this year we're doing the LeMons race that's like 60 miles from home and also happens to be 2 weeks post-GRM-2K8. The timing is just too tight, not to mention the confluence of funds it'd require, and time off from work.

As it is, we're virtually done with 'building' the LeMons car (another RX7, ha!), but it's far from actually done in the sorting and proofing sense. It'll likely fail in the first 2 hours anyway, but oh well!

ubiquitous 'look at our stuff' link... :) LeMons car pic-gallery

It performed burnouts yesterday, though I was on the couch nursing a hangover at the time. I am told it was glorious... ahem .. yes... as glorious as a weezy 13b can muster on rock-hard, 20yr-old tires that have more dry-rot than Phyllis Diller (juuuusst barely!).

Next year though, we'll return! (hopefully)

brooklynbrewer
brooklynbrewer None
9/27/08 10:29 p.m.

For next year's Challenge: How would I assign a fair value to a shell thats is essentially stock, stripped of everything but suspension and wiring?

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/27/08 11:52 p.m.

coming to spectate with the Bro in tow. We have to stay down the road at the La Quinta but will hang at the home hotel to catch the competitors entrances...

Supercoupe
Supercoupe New Reader
9/28/08 5:53 p.m.

Looks like I'm coming back with last years entry since the engine in this years didn't want to cooperate with me. I've been using it as my DD for the past year and have tweaked a few things, hopefully it will get to run the whole Challenge this year. ( no rain out)

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
9/28/08 11:22 p.m.

La Quinta huh, will check them out, thanks for the tip...ok we're booked in there

Clay
Clay Reader
9/29/08 9:49 a.m.

I'm coming to spectate on Friday. What time are things going to get started?

SpeedTheory
SpeedTheory GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/29/08 10:37 a.m.

If any other spectators want to hang and shoot the E36 M3, I may end up there on my own now, so shoot me a message.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6GxejlmeWtCIWyAClVQruPA0G1f40fY4qlt3SFf9rNosI7hCiYvHCgQb6PNg0ztO