Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/10 2:41 a.m.

:D chicken!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/28/10 6:53 a.m.
Spinout007 wrote: :D chicken!

We could race the Challenge cars to the hotel! I think my 4" ground clearance will beat your 2" ground clearance.

Spinout007
9/28/10 8:30 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
We could race the Challenge cars to the hotel! I think my 4" ground clearance will beat your 2" ground clearance.

Two words buddy..... skid. Plate.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/28/10 9:01 a.m.
Spinout007 wrote:
MrJoshua wrote:
Two words buddy..... skid. Plate.

I don't want any excuses out of either of you two if you don't get done this year.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon New Reader
9/28/10 9:19 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vWr_uaE_nA&feature=related

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
9/28/10 9:34 a.m.

We lost a freeze plug when we filled the car with coolant last night. Tore it apart and a new one should go in today.

Loaded it up about 1am but it looked like rain so went to Wallyworld to buy a tarp and straps. Got to bed about 3am. Dropped it off at 8am to get the exhaust bent and should have it this afternoon. Then see if the cooling system work and hopefully see if it runs, cools and drives.

dmyntti
dmyntti New Reader
9/28/10 9:39 a.m.

Paint is drying as we speak. I still have to fix the distributor (the hold down bolt pulled out and the dis slipped), wrap up the boost tubing, tune, and the car will finally be ready to drive on the trailer. Today while paint dries I will add brakes to the trailer, wire the truck for the trailer brakes, fix the camper, fix the trucks AC and will leave tomorrow from Ohio. I hope the 1/2 ton can handle the load thru the West Virginia mountains. See you all on Thursday.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
9/28/10 9:42 a.m.

First, Hat's off to you guys who have long drives to this thing. We have a 2 hour tow, so we are working Thursday morning, and leaving at 4.

We took the Mustang HK-R out to the second autocross testing on Sunday. At the lunch break we put on the drag slicks and did a couple of burn outs. (They are Really old drag slicks). I do not suggest doing lunch time burn outs at an autocross unless you are running the event. :)

The good news is that Mustang had one of the top times of the day :) ..... The Bad news is that it was beaten by a bone stock 94 Miata. :(

I guess it's also good news that our driver, Danny Shields, said to leave the car as it sits. No changes is a good thing. It took me about 6 hours to clean the car afterwards. We autocross at a very dusty dirty site, and it got everywhere.

Everyone have a safe trip. Looking forward to seeing all the creations Thursday night.

unevolved
unevolved HalfDork
9/28/10 11:30 a.m.

As one of our volunteers dubbed it, "Aggie whoop-ass in a bottle."

GUNDY
GUNDY Reader
9/28/10 12:15 p.m.

Typical Florida weather, tropical storm to wash everything clean for the challenge. Hopefully weather will be clear by Friday

DirtE30
DirtE30 New Reader
9/28/10 12:22 p.m.
unevolved wrote: As one of our volunteers dubbed it, "Aggie whoop-ass in a bottle."

So where are you guys gonna be watching the game?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/28/10 1:46 p.m.

So just spent all morning doing something I decided to give up on because finishing would take too long. Good use of 4 hours during crunch time.

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
9/28/10 1:50 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: So just spent all morning doing something I decided to give up on because finishing would take too long. Good use of 4 hours during crunch time.

BTDT...it sux but sometimes you have to get into it to realize you cant get it done. Keep pressin! You'll make it.

unevolved
unevolved HalfDork
9/28/10 4:20 p.m.
DirtE30 wrote:
unevolved wrote: As one of our volunteers dubbed it, "Aggie whoop-ass in a bottle."
So where are you guys gonna be watching the game?

Wherever we can find a TV. At least from cell phones. Based on our performance last weekend, I don't know if I even wanna watch.

DirtE30
DirtE30 New Reader
9/28/10 4:26 p.m.

In reply to unevolved: host hotel has a tv in the lobby area, at least that way you can bring your own beer and food to watch the game.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/28/10 4:45 p.m.
DirtE30 wrote: In reply to unevolved: host hotel has a tv in the lobby area, at least that way you can bring your own beer and food to watch the game.

Not on the same time as the Gator game is it?

DirtE30
DirtE30 New Reader
9/28/10 5:03 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
DirtE30 wrote: In reply to unevolved: host hotel has a tv in the lobby area, at least that way you can bring your own beer and food to watch the game.
Not on the same time as the Gator game is it?

The Gators play at 8:00pm on Saturday night

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
9/28/10 5:47 p.m.

loading the car in the trailer, leaving early tomorrow morning, hope to be in Gainesville by early afternoon.

Safe travels everybody

unevolved
unevolved HalfDork
9/28/10 6:10 p.m.

A&M vs. OSU is on Thursday.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
9/28/10 6:13 p.m.
GUNDY wrote: Typical Florida weather, tropical storm to wash everything clean for the challenge. Hopefully weather will be clear by Friday

http://www.wcjb.com/weather

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/28/10 6:42 p.m.

Car is loaded. Tools and parts. Half dozen items in the morning. Radiator cap turned out to be bad. At least Calvin got to drive it from the barn to the trailer.

Spinout007
9/28/10 8:01 p.m.

Don't you just hate it when two separate things click together in your head? Just realized the lady that took my info for our reservation at the hotel mentioned there were alot of wedding receptions this weekend at the hotel......it just hit me..... Hong nor and wedding receptions at the same place.......... I'm bringing a video camera.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/28/10 8:15 p.m.

The saab has made it as far as virginia before we stoped for rest south of richmond. It is amazing how 10 minutes in a hot tub can erase 10 hours in a car with an unforgiving suspension. More 95 south tomorrow, see you all soon. 8)

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
9/29/10 12:08 a.m.

Ugh. The clutch does not disengage when you push in the petal. We are getting full throw so I guess we are just going to "burn off" the extra since there isn't enough time to pull the motor and check it out.

unevolved
unevolved HalfDork
9/29/10 12:16 a.m.

On our first test run, we suffered a violent internal failure resulting in at least three shattered connecting rods, and five holes in the block. With only a 75 shot of nitrous oxide, we are all at a complete loss as to the cause of this failure. The motor ran strong normally aspirated, but on the first pass with nitrous, in low gear at about 3K RPM the motor lasted less than a second before violently self-destructing. We have yet to disassemble the motor, but it's certainly a show-stopper. Needless to say, spirits are pretty low. I'll be canceling our hotel rooms in the morning.

1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6yrqF14xkFgfzEeRa7AwsMeztg2Iwg7m7uSVeEMRdKi9Z513jmXr5muMOBBJ4vi3