9/29/10 1:19 a.m.

That is a heartbreaker

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/29/10 4:36 a.m.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/29/10 5:28 a.m.

............ummmm most spectacular failure?

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
9/29/10 7:08 a.m.
GUNDY wrote: Typical Florida weather, tropical storm to wash everything clean for the challenge. Hopefully weather will be clear by Friday

Keep an eye here:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/challenge-weather-update/26973/page1/

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
9/29/10 7:16 a.m.

ouch, that is a painful one.

Gotta put in a day at work today, then its load an go, hope to be on the road by 8 and keep driving till we get there.

AutoXR
AutoXR Reader
9/29/10 8:45 a.m.

We leff monday with the idea of taking 3 days to get here from Ontario. 1 hr into the ride said screw it and kept driving. Got here yesterday @ 2.. They hauled us in @ the border and searched us..the only drama we encountered thus far

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/29/10 9:02 a.m.

@unevolved: I just punched myself in the face and nuts for you. So sorry guys.

corby_baby
corby_baby New Reader
9/29/10 9:17 a.m.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/29/10 9:43 a.m.

Unevolved-sorry to see that. I really wanted to see what you guys could do with nitrous instead of boost. That wasn't the outcome I expected.

fastclown
fastclown Reader
9/29/10 10:03 a.m.

OUCH!!! Honestly sorry to see that. I'll punch poop in the face and nuts for you.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
9/29/10 10:05 a.m.
tb wrote: The saab has made it as far as virginia before we stoped for rest south of richmond. It is amazing how 10 minutes in a hot tub can erase 10 hours in a car with an unforgiving suspension. More 95 south tomorrow, see you all soon. 8)

What suspension setup do you have on that thing?

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/29/10 10:38 a.m.

In reply to 93celicaGT2:

Nothing too special, intrax springs& bilstein sport struts. Almost a 2" drop up front and poor weight distribution make for a bumpy ride...

Currently@ cracker barrel in SC for lunch, onto charleston for dinner and relaxing later

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
9/29/10 10:45 a.m.

Sorry to hear tales of testing gone wrong.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/29/10 10:48 a.m.
Tom Heath wrote: Sorry to hear tales of testing gone wrong.

That's why I do all my testing on track!

Pat
Pat Reader
9/29/10 10:54 a.m.

Dayum! Sorry to hear about the windowed block. I was looking forward to racing with you guys again.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
9/29/10 10:54 a.m.
tb wrote: Currently@ cracker barrel in SC for lunch, onto charleston for dinner and relaxing later

Cracker Barrel steak salads are my favorite sit-down road meal. Enjoy!

unevolved
unevolved HalfDork
9/29/10 11:37 a.m.

Just called and canceled the rooms, thankfully there were no cancellation fees.

Just one of those things, I guess. It really sucks, and from everything we knew it just shouldn't have happened like it did. We never thought we were flirting with disaster like we were. I don't know if that block was severely abused by its previous owner, or what. But whatever it was, it's over now.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/29/10 11:48 a.m.
unevolved wrote: Just called and canceled the rooms, thankfully there were no cancellation fees. Just one of those things, I guess. It really sucks, and from everything we knew it just shouldn't have happened like it did. We never thought we were flirting with disaster like we were. I don't know if that block was severely abused by its previous owner, or what. But whatever it was, it's over now.

You KNOW you're more than welcome to be/party with some hongs. Trust me, the party's a lot more fun when there's no pressure to win!!! Please come on down if you guys can make it.

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
9/29/10 11:57 a.m.

^ yeah, what he said, come enjoy the fun. We'll help you forget your troubles :)

Mental
Mental SuperDork
9/29/10 11:58 a.m.
poopshovel wrote:
unevolved wrote: Just called and canceled the rooms, thankfully there were no cancellation fees. Just one of those things, I guess. It really sucks, and from everything we knew it just shouldn't have happened like it did. We never thought we were flirting with disaster like we were. I don't know if that block was severely abused by its previous owner, or what. But whatever it was, it's over now.
You KNOW you're more than welcome to be/party with some hongs. Trust me, the party's a lot more fun when there's no pressure to win!!! Please come on down if you guys can make it.

This!

Seriously, the Hongers would make an anti- party rally a party. If they had time we would export them to Westboro Baptist Church just to losen those guys up.

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
9/29/10 12:00 p.m.

we're just leaving Cracker Barrel in Va. tb's just a few states ahead of us...

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/29/10 12:11 p.m.

I am heading out this afternoon, just 900 miles to go, I get off easy.

Truck is alive and running, had a full test drive today, I am so ahead of the curve, unless you actually wanted it to look good too

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/29/10 12:12 p.m.
Mental wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
This! Seriously, the Hongers would make an anti- party rally a party. If they had time we would export them to Westboro Baptist Church just to losen those guys up.

in.

unevolved
unevolved HalfDork
9/29/10 12:19 p.m.

I really wish I could still make it, but I can't justify paying for everything without having a car there.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/29/10 12:22 p.m.

A. Pay for your banquet ticket and you're on team hong norrth.

II. Gas is cheaper when you're not towing.

C3P0: Going "urban outdoorsman" by the pool is free. Weather's supposed to be nice. Dew eet.

1 ... 19 20 21 22 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sExRAQiA5hp6Ot3qGBg3qxlorfbRtgIHXLxTsAu3l5N1fifUK6WAqplg1NhROjPp