1 2 3 4 5 6
Kia_racer
Kia_racer Dork
10/1/10 9:30 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote: why isn't this thread sticky?
My keyboard is sticky because of this thread-does that count?

Mine is too!

redzcstandardhatch
redzcstandardhatch Reader
10/1/10 9:51 p.m.

awesome.

really bumming we didnt get gutty 2 done.

see you all in about a year.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
10/2/10 12:23 a.m.

i heard a lot of stuff about Mike Guido's anus by the pool tonight... I think I need some psychological help now.

jhaas
jhaas Reader
10/2/10 1:33 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote: why isn't this thread sticky?
My keyboard is sticky because of this thread-does that count?
wrong thread....the animated .gif of Katy Perry jiggling is in the hotlink's thread.

i dunno, i think doll was lookin pretty good...

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
10/2/10 4:18 a.m.

Doll, How was the drive, and hows the GTX seem to be runnin???

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
10/2/10 6:47 a.m.

If anyone could buy a case of cheap bleach and post up pictures of the Wartburg boiling those baloneys John Force style? I'm thinking wallpaper. Isetta too.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
10/2/10 8:11 a.m.
Tom Heath wrote: More updates posted, including in-car with the Durocco. It was their first run, not their best run. I wish the sound were more clear, too, because the phasing of the two motors was a very unique noise.

I should hope not; he almost got lost twice.

Anson, get that pro driver behind the wheel!

Actually, I wish I was the pro driver. I'll have to figure out a way to get up there next year.

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
10/2/10 8:53 a.m.

924guy
924guy Dork
10/2/10 9:22 a.m.

More pictures

We just went for the day and didnt socialize much, just tried to stay out of the way and enjoy the show * and work on our Sun tans a bit!)... But special thanks to the Wartburg crew who gave us an awesome overview of their build, and everyone else there for making it a great day.

GRM2010 Stills

GRM2010 Stills

GRM2010 Stills

GRM2010 Stills

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
10/2/10 9:54 a.m.

Thanks for the additional updates, folks!

Working on videos from the drags now...posting them up soon.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/2/10 11:11 a.m.

The S-10 is awesome. That is all.

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
10/2/10 1:19 p.m.

the first drag videos are up

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/challenge/updates/

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous Reader
10/2/10 2:13 p.m.

What kind of times are getting turned at the drags? Is Andy still king?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
10/2/10 2:56 p.m.

In-car videos from the drag racing portion are on the update page. I had to kind of change strategies and spend more time gathering video today, so there aren't as many updates. Look for some additional videos with owner interviews and such later this week.

Next up, the award banquet and the infamous afterparty. Cheers!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
10/2/10 2:58 p.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote: What kind of times are getting turned at the drags? Is Andy still king?

Andy is still king at the drags. He ran 10.67(unofficial, I'm trusting my memory...) and the Westside team was next with a mid 11-second run. Condor Speed Shop, Team Mini Me and Wreck Racing were also in the high 11/low 12 range IIRC.

I'll have final results posted shortly after the awards banquet as well.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/2/10 3:21 p.m.

Tom will have more but I heard we had two cars in the 10s this year. As the head of Concours judging, we had way more well above average cars. Of nearly 60 cars entered, I would say that we had only about ten beaters.

Al Taylor brought one, but he is so fun to hang out with, I will let that one slide. Fun hanging by the pool till late, sharing and drinking all the beer that we got bribed with this year.

The guys with the Jeep decided after a few beers last night that it was time to turbo their Jeep, They got it done this afternoon and made a 15 second pass.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
10/2/10 3:31 p.m.

wow, andy still takes the win, what was he driving this year any way? nice to see a pic of the 5 seres land barge. wow on sme f that ohter stuff, its just werid for lots of them thugh. the rat trap vw was werid, the beat up stang was ugle though. the white stang looked nice. how does anyone get into that issate anyway? any videos from the stands at all?

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Reader
10/2/10 3:44 p.m.

We need more info and pics on that Jeep !!

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
10/2/10 3:51 p.m.
Tim Suddard wrote: Tom will have more but I heard we had two cars in the 10s this year. As the head of Concours judging, we had way more well above average cars. Of nearly 60 cars entered, I would say that we had only about ten beaters. Al Taylor brought one, but he is so fun to hang out with, I will let that one slide. Fun hanging by the pool till late, sharing and drinking all the beer that we got bribed with this year. The guys with the Jeep decided after a few beers last night that it was time to turbo their Jeep, They got it done this afternoon and made a 15 second pass.

I know all my best ideas happen after a few beers, Have yet to turbo anything though.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/2/10 5:38 p.m.

looks like PACC racing had a white-knuckle ride!

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb HalfDork
10/2/10 5:41 p.m.

In reply to TRoglodyte:

Smokey Burnout Wartburg half acomplished ... it spun and made smoke, but the open VW Diff spun the tire away from me and the camera ... I think someone must have gotten it!

924guy
924guy Dork
10/2/10 6:21 p.m.

Photobucket

GRM 2010

GRM 2010

GRM 2010

redzcstandardhatch
redzcstandardhatch Reader
10/2/10 7:26 p.m.

so WHAT HAPPENED!! ?

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
10/2/10 7:32 p.m.

That Isetta is so cool!

The entries this year have definitely raised the bar.

unevolved
unevolved HalfDork
10/2/10 8:17 p.m.

I hope Wreck Racing brings their Miata again next year, I was looking forward to giving them a run for their money with the Nismospeed Miata. It'll be ready for 2011.

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wo4yeo0W4RJ8E73CDhqXFeW7jKbcYHBruvOF1G348Udaga7LT44YoGKiMgpZBrFx