I am fastclown....

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/4/10 7:53 a.m.

I am the aptly named Sir-not-appearing-at-this-challenge...yet

924guy
924guy Dork
10/4/10 8:02 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: By the way, next year I'm going to require that message board names also be part of the registration forms. I met or announced the names of so many folks that I didn't realize I "knew" until it was too late. jg

Screen names should be on the cars someplace...

DirtE30
DirtE30 New Reader
10/4/10 8:05 a.m.

My self Jimmy and (Silence) Carlos would be the two owners for the Condor Speed Shop's E30 aka the DirtE30

teamdixonracing
teamdixonracing Dork
10/4/10 8:23 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: By the way, next year I'm going to require that message board names also be part of the registration forms. I met or announced the names of so many folks that I didn't realize I "knew" until it was too late. jg

I like that idea. I has there last year and probably missed some people because I didn't realize who they were.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/4/10 8:53 a.m.

How about requiring people's screen names on the registration, on their name tags, and also on the car (vinyl on the window, where the driver's name is typically).

There are at least 2 board members with vinyl cutting capabilities. Bet they'd cut a deal.

7 years later, I still don't know who the heck some people are.

Perhaps that is a bad reflection on myself...

Zomby woof
Zomby woof Dork
10/4/10 9:57 a.m.

I had my username on my name tag when I challenged

Nobody knows me by my real name.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
10/4/10 10:01 a.m.

So, um - who won?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/4/10 10:09 a.m.

Not you.

Georgia Tech in the V-8 Miata.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Reader
10/4/10 10:23 a.m.

I seem to recall our nametags in 2005 had "Hello my Screename is:" on them.

Two things struck me as odd about this year - only 3 Civics, and no Neons.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
10/4/10 10:52 a.m.

Team External Combustion consists of WiblerM3 (Dave), Miatame (Jeff), Ma$$hole (Rob), Pseudosport (Greg), our friend who isn't on here yet (Pat), and myself (Tony). We had the token red Miata and of course, the now-famous Jeep Cherokee.

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
10/4/10 10:58 a.m.

I think folks know by now but MisfitToys is

Jim Thwaite (JThw8) Chris Abbot (Sonic) Jim Wakemen (TheWake) Jeff Wakemen (Littleturquoiseb)

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
10/4/10 11:07 a.m.

I am Greg Voth on the board but Reginald Lionel P. Stewart in person.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
10/4/10 11:16 a.m.

I registered under my screen name (4 years in a row). This year Per asked me for my real name at registration. My screen name was on the car's dmv tag, and the name tag I wore.
There were several times I wish I could have connect screen names to the people there.

Awesome weekend. We had out first $2011 planning conference call this morning after I put the money in the bank from selling the Hello Kitty Mustang.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/4/10 11:20 a.m.

Hi my name is Steve and I am an enabler

Pat
Pat Reader
10/4/10 11:47 a.m.

My real name is....wait for it......Pat. And I drive an Aries.

Pat
Pat Reader
10/4/10 11:48 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Hi my name is Steve and I can break stuff like nobody's business

fixed that for ya Steve!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/4/10 12:00 p.m.

I have found a name for the truck, allow me to reveal the new name

Diff Muncher

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
10/4/10 12:21 p.m.
Greg Voth wrote: I am Greg Voth on the board but Reginald Lionel P. Stewart in person.

I'll call you that in real life if you let me ride along in the wagon again (...assuming, of course, that the volvo was not the source of the ford drive train that is now in the miata)

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
10/4/10 12:50 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: So, um - who won?

The whole shebang (including downloadable, complete results) is now available on The $2010 Challenge event page.

I've still got a TON of videos to edit and add.

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb HalfDork
10/4/10 5:54 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: The whole shebang (including downloadable, complete results) is now available on The $2010 Challenge event page. I've still got a TON of videos to edit and add.

Hey Tom .... No Love for the Crap Can class?

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
10/4/10 10:47 p.m.
racerfink wrote:
oldtin wrote:
Damn, oldtin, had I known that was you sitting with us at the table on Friday night, I would have said hi!

Crap. Wish I had known. It was great putting so many faces with screen names but also there were so many I missed - obviously

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
10/5/10 3:22 a.m.

Funny, I had Jimmy and Carlos backwards, and oldtim would have remained unknown until we talked at the banquet.

DirtE30
DirtE30 New Reader
10/5/10 7:30 a.m.
wheels777 wrote: Funny, I had Jimmy and Carlos backwards, and oldtim would have remained unknown until we talked at the banquet.

Andy that is perfectly fine, im sure after long hours and beer everyones names become a blur. I also forgot to thank you for letting me use the feeler gauge. I did place it back in the same top drawer that I took it from. Thanks again!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
10/5/10 8:26 a.m.
littleturquoiseb wrote:
Tom Heath wrote: The whole shebang (including downloadable, complete results) is now available on The $2010 Challenge event page. I've still got a TON of videos to edit and add.
Hey Tom .... No Love for the Crap Can class?

Of course I love the Crapcans. Page updated, thanks for the extra eyes.

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iGa55LhYcV9UlicM57kUzWSStFk5WVKvTJLE4EhyZreCSDS4Kf0g6MmEE2emKd0v