1 2
John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/28/10 8:06 a.m.
dollraves said: $2010 GTX is on the road: Gainesville or bust!

Bust please. ;)

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
9/28/10 2:40 p.m.

It may be bad juju to say "bust" to many times while on a road trip.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
9/28/10 3:25 p.m.

I heard the video and was wondering if those squeaks where covering up say a bean burrito from the gas station ? Keep it between the ditches !

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/28/10 9:38 p.m.
TRoglodyte wrote: It may be bad juju to say "bust" to many times while on a road trip.

In Texas, I think the proper term is "boobies". Bust is a little too hoity-toity and more suited to someplace like Massachusetts.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/10 10:27 p.m.

In reply to Keith: Hey I heard that joke once. I think it went something like, "hey how do you scare a bee? " :D

evildky
evildky Dork
9/29/10 12:23 a.m.

heading out with the Mach 1.5 in the morning

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
9/29/10 12:52 a.m.

Have a safe drive Ducky... I saw the heater controls and knew it was a mazda but didn't pay attention to the subject... Those B6T engines are very stout (I have one in my '93 Capri XR2). What sorta mods if any does the car have?

dollraves
dollraves New Reader
9/29/10 7:02 a.m.

Mods? This was my first engine swap! Give a doll a break... I'm lucky it runs and stops!

Moment of panic yesterday morning when I realized I was nearly out of oil since the day before. Of course, I was still 10 hours from Jonny or unevolved when I found it. SVrex talked me through bolting down the valve cover... it's still leaking oil, but not quite as fast now. :D

Decided to tough it out and head to a friend's in Houston last night. Heading to Louisiana tonight to hang with a fellow GTXer...will change valve cover gasket and pcv valve, see if that solves my little leak...

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
9/29/10 8:11 a.m.

I have valvecover gasket i haven't installed, although Sutton, West Virginia is a lil outta the way...lol Have a safe trip n post some pics if you can.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/29/10 9:28 a.m.

She's got a valve cover gasket on board.

She was 350 miles from nowhere, so we were just trying to keep her rolling, and to keep her from A- seizing the motor or B- catching on fire, as the oil was dumping on the down pipe.

She's gonna put on the gasket when she can.

Glad to here you are still rolling along, doll-baby! See 'ya there!!

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/29/10 9:30 a.m.

So let's see...

If we compare Mr. Joshua to Dollraves, She DEPARTED for the Challenge before he STARTED his build, or something like that...

No disrespect, J. You will finish your build (this year) before I start mine.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/29/10 9:41 a.m.

In reply to SVreX:

At the moment 14hr drives sound relaxing. Of course all my engine parts are still inside my block so things are going way better for me than some challengers.

dollraves
dollraves New Reader
9/29/10 9:42 a.m.

When I bought the car, it came with three boxes of parts. There were bigger things, like a new water pump, a Probe intercooler. Then there were little things like wheel bearings, gaskets and o-rings... all of which it turns out I needed.

Glad I brought my box of the little goodies, at least...

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
9/29/10 11:14 a.m.

Just did the waterpump, timingbelt, and drive belts on the Capri. The hardest part of the job is the bottom bolt on the waterpump outlet. I ended up takin the PS pump/bracket and the A/C compressor and Bracket off too. Have a safe and enjoyable tip!

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
9/29/10 11:52 a.m.
evildky wrote: heading out with the Mach 1.5 in the morning

AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see you man. This is gonna be a helluva party...except for no angryd00d

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/29/10 9:41 p.m.

WHAT??? Where did I miss THAT little tidbit??

What are we gonna do without the Angry One??

jhaas
jhaas Reader
9/29/10 9:48 p.m.

and no HAAS...life, berkeleyin it up for me

but i did go check out a buddies 914-6 he just got tonight, AWESOME!!!

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
9/30/10 2:32 p.m.

I heard oil is cheap along the gulfcoast lately, just scoop up all you can find and you can keep it.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/30/10 7:11 p.m.
jhaas wrote: and no HAAS...life, berkeleyin it up for me but i did go check out a buddies 914-6 he just got tonight, AWESOME!!!

you're just bailing on the challenge so you can bogart the evilalliancetrophy for another year.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/30/10 7:16 p.m.
SVreX wrote: WHAT??? Where did I miss THAT little tidbit?? What are we gonna do without the Angry One??

it's been in doubt for the last couple months. my wife knows how important the challenge is to me, and she said we could afford it, but we put in an offer on a house on Aug 1st and we just closed last Friday. got a lot of immediate stuff to do on the house, so i chose to spend the challenge time and money on the house.

i'm sorry to miss it, for sure. i'll be there next year.

dollraves
dollraves New Reader
10/1/10 6:52 a.m.

Made it to Gainesville last night! Thanks to everyone who cheered me on, called me with advice, or met me for lunch. :D

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I7Vdn9zhMnNi6gWYG4B4OMda6lTy3Vc8rSW8OuNscZVAbOaPsBqNJHVl9LfMXpNm