Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Dork
3/27/14 12:00 a.m.
feature_image

Subaru's new WRX comes to us in the same classic formula: four driven wheels and four turbocharged cylinders firing in opposing pairs. The news in the engine bay is that the 2-liter engine is now direct-injected and offers plentiful torque from 2000 rpm—thanks also in part to a twin-scroll turbocharger.

The test version we received has an automatic transmission with …

Read the rest of the story

svxsti
svxsti New Reader
5/6/15 6:07 p.m.

Until they go back to the timeless styling of the '06-'07 inspired by Fiji industries aircraft, I will never look at a new WRX. That and the ProDrive P2's active diff.

Aspen
Aspen Reader
5/7/15 9:35 a.m.

Timeless styling of '06-'07? Try '96 or '97 JDM. It was all downhill after then.

speedblind
speedblind HalfDork
5/7/15 12:42 p.m.

Subaru does many things, but timeless styling isn't one of them. They're supposed to look weird. I've had three and they've all been horrible to look at.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UberDork
5/7/15 1:06 p.m.

The '06-'07 WRX styling is timeless: It was seriously weird when it came out, and will probably be regarded as seriously weird for the rest of human civilization.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/7/15 1:10 p.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote: The '06-'07 WRX styling is timeless: It was seriously weird when it came out, and will probably be regarded as seriously weird for the rest of human civilization.

This. At least it wasn't as fugly as B9 Tribeca, but yowza. This from the same company that ditched the bugeye after 2 years because it was too polarizing.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/7/15 1:12 p.m.

"Read the rest of the story" link is linkception to this thread.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
5/7/15 1:19 p.m.

I'm the odd one out, but I think the new WRX is the best looking one they made yet!

NGTD
NGTD UltraDork
5/7/15 1:48 p.m.

I like the 2015, but it still looks like a Corolla.

Bugeye's FTW! I miss my 02.

svxsti
svxsti New Reader
5/7/15 2:54 p.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote: The '06-'07 WRX styling is timeless: It was seriously weird when it came out, and will probably be regarded as seriously weird for the rest of human civilization.

It is comparable in styling to the new Alfa Romeo 8C and 4C.

svxsti
svxsti New Reader
5/7/15 2:56 p.m.
Aspen wrote: Timeless styling of '06-'07? Try '96 or '97 JDM. It was all downhill after then.

I agree with that too, should be a coupe, but I would still want the 07 nose and chassis. The 97 chassis was like a noodle. I actually have an RA 5sp with 4.44 diffs in my SVX, the fastest one on dragtimes.com

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/7/15 3:01 p.m.
svxsti wrote: It is comparable in styling to the new Alfa Romeo 8C and 4C.

...minus the 60+ year history of Alfa Romeo's iconic shield-shaped grille.

svxsti
svxsti New Reader
5/7/15 3:06 p.m.
Duke wrote:
svxsti wrote: It is comparable in styling to the new Alfa Romeo 8C and 4C.
...minus the 60+ year history of Alfa Romeo's iconic shield-shaped grille.

lol of course, and minus the hood scoop, I think cowl induction and an integrated spoiler would have been ideal for a sedan.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8Je6BIr5EEDvM2a67wYg89IIi0Zg92Okvz7wmVF2kDYJAWm4LYlYfeWfpqn9yVoV