Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
11/8/19 3:32 p.m.
feature_image

The Kia K900 has been thoroughly gone through for the 2019 model year. The new K900 is slightly wider and longer than the outgoing model, but size-wise, it looks no bigger than an Accord sedan, which is about 10 inches shorter. The dimensions are spot on, and it offers plenty of space inside. 

AWD is standard on the K900 which …

Read the rest of the story

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
11/8/19 5:41 p.m.

Have my sights set on a pre-owned K900 or Genesis G90 in 3 years. Having driven both of the Koreans, I don’t see the value proposition of the Germans, especially their ala carte pricing of features that should be standard at the price point.  Plus, Teutonic maintenance requirements and costs are absurd.  

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
11/8/19 6:10 p.m.

Holy E36 M3 those gauges are amazing. Never thought I'd see the day where a $64k Kia would be a good deal compared to it's competition

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/8/19 6:36 p.m.

Awesome car saddled with a terrible name.

MGTOMMM
MGTOMMM New Reader
11/15/19 3:07 p.m.

Bifocals.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/15/19 3:10 p.m.

The steering wheel has a wooden mustache.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
11/15/19 4:06 p.m.
conesare2seconds said:

Have my sights set on a pre-owned K900 or Genesis G90 in 3 years. Having driven both of the Koreans, I don’t see the value proposition of the Germans, especially their ala carte pricing of features that should be standard at the price point.  Plus, Teutonic maintenance requirements and costs are absurd.  

Isn't your low mileage korean  sedan Currently in need of a $17,000 repair ? 

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/15/19 4:16 p.m.

I'm having the feeling that Hyundai and Kia are going into beast mode for the next 5 years or so. Honda and Toyota are going to have to step it up a bit. I think Nissan may be down for good, but that's just my hot take. European cars will still be popular because being able to afford ungodly maintenance bills is a status symbol (cough-feature-cough).

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
11/15/19 8:06 p.m.

In reply to Shadeux :

I’m in agreement with you. 

The name is horrible, and the Kia badge looks out of place, but otherwise it’s a great looking car.

I still worry about longevity and quality issues, but I imagine it’s my bias, not the reality.

The Koreans seem to be having a tipping point moment.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
11/16/19 10:12 a.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Indeed. I spoke to this in the engine thread. Haven’t developed full-on second thoughts, but certainly the shadow of a doubt has taken up residence.

Im long since fed up with the outrageous fortunes of European ownership, so it’s down to Lexus or the Koreans for the next round of executive transport. The LS-F is an appealing prospect. 

Im driving an LS430 now. Great car but service ain’t cheap, rivaling the Germans. Guess I need to deepen my pockets so I don’t mind as much. laugh

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
11/18/19 12:45 p.m.
conesare2seconds said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Indeed. I spoke to this in the engine thread. Haven’t developed full-on second thoughts, but certainly the shadow of a doubt has taken up residence.

Im long since fed up with the outrageous fortunes of European ownership, so it’s down to Lexus or the Koreans for the next round of executive transport. The LS-F is an appealing prospect. 

Im driving an LS430 now. Great car but service ain’t cheap, rivaling the Germans. Guess I need to deepen my pockets so I don’t mind as much. laugh

Interesting. My black cherry 05 LS430 with the sport package, essentially needs 1 service (1500-1700$) every 100K miles. Rest of the time, its been dirt cheap. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9xry1wJt9ZFVemM8i3SWWKowtdmlTLrM5DnJbjYTqr6f2ghubpTyaU2xZIUYYYzx