Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
5/26/21 12:10 p.m.
feature_image

For 2021, Honda has done a mild revamp of the Honda Ridgeline, the brand’s easy-to-drive pickup that has a cult-like following–GRM has had one in the fleet since the early days of the original model.  

We spent a week with the latest AWD Sport model fitted with the HPD Package. This package includes black fender flares, 18-inch HPD alloy wheels, HPD grille, and HPD decals and emblem. …

Read the rest of the story

karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/26/21 2:48 p.m.

My wife loves her 2019 Ridgeline. I am not a fan of the grill/front end look. I really like the 2021s. Her truck only has 13K miles and has held its value really well. I asked her if we could trade it for a 2021. She shook her head and walked away saying she can barely tell the difference.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
5/26/21 3:12 p.m.

2800$ for that package is not that bad to be honest. WIsh it had upgraded shocks but its Honda and they dont do that sort of stuff to the ridgeline. 

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
5/27/21 9:56 a.m.

how did it do a truck things? also, they seem to be slowly getting the truck look right, but at this rate i bet by the time they do get it right everyone will have moved to the 2019 body style.... granted there are other things just as or more important than looks, but still.

amerson
amerson New Reader
6/2/21 9:50 p.m.

Not the best-looking truck, however, it looks much better than the Hyundai Santa Cruz.  If I had one, I would definitely replace the tires with something more aggressive like the nitto grappler to make it more offroad capable.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/14/21 3:18 p.m.

So basically it looks as though all Honda had to do was butch up their SUV nose and the customers come-a-running... kinda sad. Or maybe, the pretty girl with the great personality finally graduated from wallflower status.  I don't know what analogy to use, but I do not think that the Santa Cruz or Maverick's going to hurt Honda much. Honda will remain the big brother with the most to offer. Oh wait, here's an analogy: You know how burger joints and coffee shops often come in clusters? The marketers found out that they feed each other rather than steal each others customers. So there you go. Now we've got three brands of coffee sharing the intersection.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uXxiJRXTYzX83JxwMJr3Agp1FPZdQsdo1H9ZQpeIYlyTnBaq3O6J5zzahO5529W6