1 2 3 4
trucke
trucke SuperDork
6/24/22 10:09 a.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Slippery :

That website does not update properly.  I was checking it routinely and it appears to be frozen. 

As stated, it takes a while for a truck to pull the cars out of the rail yard and they stay 'in-transit' for a while.  It worked when I tracked my Si, but it does not change quickly.  It is not a delay in the program as it pulls data directly from Honda.  

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/22 5:26 p.m.

Aside from the car from the media test fleet, has anyone actually seen one of these at a dealer or on the road yet? I've been searching dealer inventories on the Honda website and I keep coming up with "0 in your area".

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/27/22 5:28 p.m.

I have seen exactly one on the road here in Northern California so far.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
6/27/22 5:30 p.m.
pointofdeparture said:

I have seen exactly one on the road here in Northern California so far.

So, you're telling me there's a chance...

calteg
calteg SuperDork
6/27/22 5:57 p.m.

I've seen two on the road in TX, no orange ones though

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/27/22 7:13 p.m.
trucke said:
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Slippery :

That website does not update properly.  I was checking it routinely and it appears to be frozen. 

As stated, it takes a while for a truck to pull the cars out of the rail yard and they stay 'in-transit' for a while.  It worked when I tracked my Si, but it does not change quickly.  It is not a delay in the program as it pulls data directly from Honda.  

It's wrong.  I've been checking the site and local dealers.  It is not updating.  The 22 I ordered was built Thursday and will be here in about two weeks.  One car showing locally on that tracker arrived and was delivered months ago and it shows as in transit.  My guess is however it updates is broken or the person doing it stopped updating it by now.  

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/27/22 8:36 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

This is all the Daytona Honda dealer shows for new cars:

7/1/22 4:53 p.m.

My 2022 Si allocation is going to another forum member.  Part of me wishes I had waited but I've saved $150 in gas since I got my '18.  

These cars are not perfect but they are really, really good.  My Si has the active sport mode which the new ones do not.  In sport mode it understeers but a lot less.  The adjustable dampers on this car work!  They actually do something.  

My only complaints at 1400 miles are very minor.  The infotainment controls are okay, GM just does it better.  The seats are nice but you are limited to holding one position pretty much the entire drive.  When doing long long bike  rides shifting helps a lot.  I can shift very little in the Si seats.  I still hate the polished parts of the wheels.  I am jealous the 2022s get a volume knob.  The 18 has the up down button or the touchscreen one which is awful.  The car was uncomfortable in the back seat when it was over 100 for kiddo.  The window tint should help a lot, but GM ACs just work better too.  The Honda AC is better than my wife's Tiguan was though.  

Honestly, I can't think of any other car that would be more fun to drive that can get 42 mpg on my commute.  An ND is likely the only thing close and the Honda has way more room and is probably a bit better on fuel economy.  

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/1/22 5:27 p.m.

I contacted the dealer that we just bought our new Accord from and he said that they don't have a single Si on their radar yet. 

He suggested a Civic Sport hatch, but when I mentioned that I wanted a stick, he said that they almost never see a Civic with a stick anymore. 

One other alternative that he mentioned was an Accord Sport 2.0T  six speed that they have coming in off-lease soon with less than 20k miles. After I told him that I might be interested, he came back with a price of $32,991 plus tax and fees. No thanks...

I told him to give me a call when he has an Si on the way. 

7/2/22 9:07 a.m.

Woody the other forum member decided not to take this 22 that arrives in two weeks.  If you want the dealer contact info, holler.  I'm in MS.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/22 10:18 a.m.
pointofdeparture said:
DRSZone said:

too big, I mean it looks as big as the accord now. 

Luckily, it isn't. Still under 3000 lbs (a wonder these days), while also being a whole foot shorter, 3" narrower, and 2" lower.

What sorcery is this?

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/2/22 10:58 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks, but I'm not motivated to travel that far at this point. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/2/22 7:19 p.m.

Any potential Civic Si purchase would involve trading in the Jeep... and there's no effing way I'm driving a Jeep to Missouri. 

7/3/22 7:07 p.m.

Mississippi MS: MO Missouri.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/3/22 7:10 p.m.

Thanks for the clarification. That part of the alphabet is a long way from here. 

7/3/22 7:12 p.m.

I get there is actually a comedian that did a joke about this and it's pretty good.  

Found it!

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/5/22 9:17 a.m.

That was hilarious. 

YoursTruly
YoursTruly New Reader
7/5/22 9:41 a.m.

Can you turn the stability control off enough with the button to rotate the car with the brake or is it like the 10th gen and require a pedal dance?

The stability control on the 10th gen SI stopped me from buying one.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/5/22 9:42 a.m.

Also...I stand by my statement that there's no way in Hell I'm driving a Jeep to Missouri. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/16/22 7:08 a.m.

Dear Honda,

Please stop "teasing us" with the new Civic Type R, etc. and focus on building the cars that are (theoretically) already available.

I've read the reviews of the new Civic Si. I have purchased a new Civic Si in the past. I am ready to buy a new Civic Si. I'm even flexible on the color choice. 

Your website indicates that there are approximately Zero Civic Si models available in my state, in any color. Yes, I have reached out to my dealer.

Do you doubt my sincerity? I have already purchased one new Honda this year.

Please don't make it hard for me to give you my money.

Get to work.

Sincerely,

Woody

Woody (Forum Supportum)
8/8/22 8:41 a.m.

This morning, I reached out to the dealership that we bought our Accord Hybrid from from a few months ago. They still have not had, or been allocated to get, a new Civic Si yet this year. 

At this point (mid-August), I doubt that there will be any 2022 Civic Si's. 

trucke
trucke SuperDork
8/8/22 1:57 p.m.

My local dealer said they are getting a Sonic Gray Pearl Si in September.  A week ago it was available.  Not sure about now. 

This will be the 4th  2022 Si for them.....4!

David S. Wallens
8/10/22 9:41 a.m.

Found some:

Woody (Forum Supportum)
8/10/22 6:21 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Is that a press fleet?

David S. Wallens
8/10/22 6:43 p.m.

Yeah, from last week's Honda press function. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pDM6kEnzIuyMCWLIyWEGIkKrC9UoCG18rdjPdulnODJDuT4eIeuYk4lWXPoMIUQM