Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/27/21 3:06 p.m.
feature_image

Somehow, someway, Volkswagen has fit another small SUV into its lineup, with underpinning from–yep, you guessed it–the ubiquitous MQB platform.

Called the Taos, VW says its latest offering slots under the Tiguan, and comes powered by a 1.5-liter, turbocharged inline-four good for 158 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft of torque. 

Three trims are offered–S, SE and SEL–each available with either front-wheel-drive …

Read the rest of the story

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
8/27/21 3:29 p.m.

For me, Volkswagen has been getting it right for a long time.  Their product looks awesome and drives awesome.  We gave the Atlas a good hard look before we bought the CX-9.  It was big enough, it had enough power, etc. etc.  But would it be in the shop before it was paid for?  There are enough really good vehicles out there competing for your dollars that will give you five or more years worth of absolutely trouble-free miles.  Volkswagen's lack of reliability is the only thing that keeps me from buying one.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
8/28/21 12:48 a.m.

They killed the Golf Wagon and Alltraks and sell this? Pass. frown

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/28/21 1:05 a.m.

My wife saw one of these when having her Tiguan serviced.  She was impressed.  They were hoping to get her to trade her Tiguan on the spot, but she didn't (thank goodness). 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0AwYAUDTvTLnrtXB2ycvhUyzMwCJ4CvxE5Kp79HWpQql1uMB7XJSoKn8yHLtNp4C