Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
1/27/23 8:44 a.m.
feature_image

A new class of prototypes. A strong field of 61 cars. But the same challenge since 1966: surviving 24 hours.

The all-new GTP class features a total of nine cars, with representation from Acura, BMW, Cadillac and Porsche. The machines feature a hybrid drivetrain with the same electric motors but their manufacturer’s own engines. BMW, Cadillac and Porsche went with V8s; …

Read the rest of the story

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/27/23 10:08 a.m.

is there a good "technical breakdown" of the the cars?

i.e. what engine/hybrid systems they're using, etc

most of the imsa links have been high on "fluff" and light on "detail"... or maybe I've just tuned out when this stuff has been discussed before?

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
1/28/23 10:31 a.m.

And you can only watch it on Peacock?

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/28/23 12:31 p.m.

In reply to carguy123 :

Looks like start and finish are on NBC with most of the other coverage on USA network.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UberDork
1/28/23 1:26 p.m.

The MX5 Cup races are up on the IMSA YouTube channel already. Now that's some fun racing to watch!

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/28/23 1:36 p.m.
hobiercr said:

In reply to carguy123 :

Looks like start and finish are on NBC with most of the other coverage on USA network.

For sure not everywhere.  I was hoping my post an hour ago was not right that our current guide was wrong, but no- our local NBC isn't showing the 24 start live- so I have to watch Peacock.  Thankfully, I have it, but it sucks for those who don't, for sure.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/28/23 2:22 p.m.

Man, 40 min in and Keating has a 12 second lead.  If they can keep that up, that would be a +2 lap lead tomorrow.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/28/23 2:36 p.m.

There's a driver in GTP named Empty Net Goal?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Iv7FBeCHB0HIjiuB9JKfgCVMtkf9OPblmNdO07MEoxxUm9J9Cj6ZlLIWVZSGjfjp