DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
4/14/22 2:00 p.m.

Can you believe Mr. David S. Wallens has been gracing us with his content through GRM for 28 years? Congrats on the workiversary David!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/22 2:02 p.m.

Congrats David. I couldn't imagine putting up with this readership that long.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/14/22 2:04 p.m.

Nice! Good job, sir.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/14/22 2:33 p.m.

Thank you. Thank you very much. We have a heck of a staff that works hard to make us all look good. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/14/22 3:58 p.m.

Congratulations!

I recently retired after 27 years with the same company...it was kind of weird to think about having been there for a quarter of a century smiley, it didn't seem that long.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
4/14/22 4:03 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

You do good work and I really like the magazine. Last one I still subscribe to.  

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/22 4:06 p.m.

That is an amazing run!!!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/14/22 5:15 p.m.

When you hate to get up in the morning, it's a long life.  

I get it David!  When I was 61, With 42 years service, they offered $25k to go so young folk can get promoted - I had to THINK ABOUT IT.

Good job, great people, we are the not norm David, should buy a lottery ticket.

Congrats and have fun!

Dan

Tom1200
Tom1200 UltraDork
4/14/22 6:21 p.m.

Was he like 12 years old when he started at GRM?

Congrats David.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/14/22 6:31 p.m.

Fine work sir. I haven't read any other car publications in years. 

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/14/22 8:59 p.m.

27 years in at my place of employment, and not enough complaints to leave.  It sure helps working with a bunch of folks that you actually like!  

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/14/22 9:25 p.m.

Thank you for the great work!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/14/22 9:47 p.m.

Congratulations!

Where I work we had a guy come back from WWII and put in 50 years as a salesman.  He retired one Friday and came back on Monday as a W-9 contractor getting 2x the commission and covering his own expenses.   

In his late 70's he was doing the 2-drink martini at lunch and would come back to the office and randomly yell at me for doing stupid stuff as his inside salesman.  (I deserved it and today I know he trained me well)

Four of us youngsters attended his wake and were blown away by the giant table full of the medals he earned during the war.  Nobody knew it cause he never said a word.  

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/16/22 9:36 a.m.

Thank you again for the kind words. It's funny to think that some of our staffers weren't here–or were just toddlers–when it was basically Tim, Margie, me and J.G. in the office. Now we're all grown up. 

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/16/22 2:49 p.m.

Congrats David!

Danny Shields (Forum Supporter)
Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/16/22 4:02 p.m.

Way to go, David! The boss must be treating people right, 'cause they keep on working there! It is impressive how much experience the team has there. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
4/16/22 4:41 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Thank you again for the kind words. It's funny to think that some of our staffers weren't here–or were just toddlers–when it was basically Tim, Margie, me and J.G. in the office. Now we're all grown up. 

I'd go out on a limb and suggest that JG hasn't grown up, yet,  But it's nice to think that he might...  :)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8ebTEyZ5dM6mmKlYyNQsdwMwdd9kyeq0vP97aROip9Ngz6e00b4ADrx2DTyyFJun