1 2 3 4
DHBomber
DHBomber New Reader
1/31/20 10:01 p.m.

1JZ is pretty happy anywhere in the rev range. 8K potential, but not there. 1.7+ rod ratio. 2JZ is almost there.

Napkin engineering- 2JZ block, 1JZ crank, rods to match deck height, 2.1+ rod ratio. That would be sportbike territory. If you can build everything else to support it and you only care about revs, there might be potential to do really fun things and still have it live (the bottom end at least). 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
1/31/20 10:36 p.m.

A lightly-modified 4A-GE could hit 8K, as long as you swap out valve springs and had an open intake/exhaust.

The 1UZ-FE can, but not in it's stock form- exhaust angle is too severe, and cams are too mild and have far too much overlap.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
2/9/20 6:59 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:

A lightly-modified 4A-GE could hit 8K, as long as you swap out valve springs and had an open intake/exhaust.

The 1UZ-FE can, but not in it's stock form- exhaust angle is too severe, and cams are too mild and have far too much overlap.

The 4age blacktop is 8200 stock. The reason actually that I started the thread. I had one in my 4age MG Midget and it was awesome. Wanted to put a light flywheel and cam it up with some tomei, but in a fit of passion, sold it. Like an idiot. Was thinking next Midget build would be duratec with ITB's set up for 8000, but for now, would like something done.

This:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/san-jose-2006-bmw-z4-roadster-true/7057509539.html 

Seems too good to be true.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
itHcQlmz4L43A5HvlyQNQ9dLkWWNgy82fWSYogzaSYHkXHBM2oH4SCc93hoTLIQ3