1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/22/08 8:41 a.m.
VWguyBruce wrote: We knocked the Jetta off the jackstands yesterday while try to break an axle nut loose. I've never done that before. Got lucky as there was no damage other than some bent sheet metal under the car. Rear rotors are still round even, they took the shock pretty well I should probably post a picture of the jackstand wedged between the rear beam and the uni body, had to use a pry bar to get it out. I'm going to slow down a bit in the next couple days and get more sleep.

this. valve retainers shooting across the room last night told me it was time to go to bed. glad no one got hurt in your case!

zomg, counter is down to single digits. ahhhhhhhh!

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
9/22/08 11:23 a.m.

So, how many are coming to the dance? I saw 47 posted elsewhere a while ago. I see 39 on the entrant list. Wud'dup wid'dat?

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/22/08 12:29 p.m.

Andy is just wanting to know how many of us he will be spanking at the drags this year!

Hey Andy, missed your call over the weekend, life has been really crazy but I'll be down there this year. Can't wait to see your creation (that is my kind of VW, sorry Sean ) Looks like we got a bunch of new cars coming as well. See everyone soon!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/22/08 12:31 p.m.

wheels, there's some people I haven't been able to track down to add them to that list.

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
9/22/08 2:05 p.m.
dherr wrote: blah, blah, blah... ..., missed your call over the weekend, ...blah, blah, blah...

You asked me to call when I went to Mason.....talk to the hand....talk to the hand....

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
9/22/08 2:08 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: wheels, there's some people I haven't been able to track down to add them to that list.

Ya, the 2 people less computer literate than me...kidding...kidding....OK..so how many?

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/22/08 2:15 p.m.
wheels777 wrote:
dherr wrote: blah, blah, blah... ..., missed your call over the weekend, ...blah, blah, blah...
You asked me to call when I went to Mason.....talk to the hand....talk to the hand....

Yeah... I was mowing my "farm" 6 acres makes for a long day

But I did put the drag tires on the spitfire and ran a few 1/8 mile passes down the driveway

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
9/22/08 2:38 p.m.
dherr wrote: But I did put the drag tires on the spitfire and ran a few 1/8 mile passes down the driveway

Sweeeet

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Reader
9/23/08 12:16 a.m.

It was funny until I started it for the first time in months and fuel was leaking all over. The jackstand cracked the fuel pump housing, niiiiiiiiice. German auto parts had one for $102.50, to rich for my taste. Turns out the junkyard had one, the likelyness of this is ridiculous. I guess it's meant for me to be there this time. I just hate wasting time on work that should've been done already.

Work informed me the the VP wants to go to Jackson Hole this weekend and I'm needed. I just lost 4 days of the 8 that are left.

spin_out
spin_out New Reader
9/23/08 7:26 a.m.

I took the Fiero to a BMW and Porsche autocross this weekend, mainly to get Danny Sheilds to test drive it. Nothing like kicking the Butts of some high dollar German cars with a 23 year old, $1500 Challenge car. That is until it broke. (Fixed it yesterday.)

Roughly 70 cars and only one driver was faster than Danny in my Fiero, and that was by a 2/100 of a second. I let Danny know the margin, he got on it, and it broke. Testing, testing, testing - sometimes it seems like a little known Challenge secret.

I should mention that a lot of that bitchin' time was Danny's driving. He was 6/10ths of a second faster when he hopped into his Boxster S. I write that off to familiarity. :)

Oh, and I am seriously looking forward to getting my butt kicked in the drags By and antique Beetle.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
9/23/08 7:40 a.m.
spin_out wrote: Oh, and I am seriously looking forward to getting my butt kicked in the drags By and antique Beetle.

I think we all are!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/23/08 8:51 a.m.

i'm afraid to line up next to the bug, because i won't be able to hear my own car!

Pat
Pat New Reader
9/23/08 9:59 a.m.

My car is just about done....but then I went and cracked up my truck in traffic yesterday morning on the way to work. Ugh!

Looks like I'll be running around down to the last second as usual.

ss
ss New Reader
9/23/08 12:30 p.m.

Took the colt & Brian's ITS integra to a local event and did very well, Also last night I checked for boost leak and found 5 large leaks that have always been leaking looks like I should be on KILL for the retirement party!!

AngryCorvair
9/23/08 4:37 p.m.

booked my room a minute ago. they said it was the last one in the Challenge block, but maybe they just didn't want me to ask for an upgrade...

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
9/23/08 11:13 p.m.

Apparently my HOA beleives that I am operating a commercial body shop from my garage. I'd like to take that as a compliment, but they haven't seen the paint up close.

I received a certified letter today stating "We have been notified that you are running a body shop from your home. The existence or operation of business activity cannot be apparent or detectable by sight, sound, or smell from outside the unit." I suppose someone complained when the other Hongers were here grinding and sanding with me in the driveway as that's the only time the car has really been outside of the garage. Busybodies FTL. Sanding dust in the garage sucks.

As a side note, I make it an objective to have everything quiet (not that anything is loud, except maybe Maximus) and cleaned up before dark. Meh, all in a day's work .

All in all, the Tracer runs and drives. Only a few odds and ends remain. See you guys soon!

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/23/08 11:41 p.m.

and queue the HOA haters in 3....2....1.....

AngryCorvair
9/23/08 11:54 p.m.

man, i berkeleying hate HOAs! sorry it took me 13 minutes to respond, but i was typing up a long entry in another thread.

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
9/24/08 3:53 a.m.
ss wrote: Took the colt & Brian's ITS integra to a local event and did very well, Also last night I checked for boost leak and found 5 large leaks that have always been leaking looks like I should be on KILL for the retirement party!!

Shweeet

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
9/24/08 7:04 a.m.
VWguyBruce wrote: Work informed me the the VP wants to go to Jackson Hole this weekend and I'm needed. I just lost 4 days of the 8 that are left.

I think bosses have a sixth sense with the sole intent of a) locating and b) neutralizing any possibility of fun outside of the workplace.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 New Reader
9/24/08 7:16 a.m.
ss wrote: Took the colt & Brian's ITS integra to a local event and did very well, Also last night I checked for boost leak and found 5 large leaks that have always been leaking looks like I should be on KILL for the retirement party!!

Hey . It was good seeing you there. What was the colts best time? That car is such a sleeper....amazing job on it

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
9/24/08 11:46 a.m.

Does the weather forecast always change so radically in Florida? This morning it called for rain Wed, Thurs and Friday. Minutes ago it has Sun on Friday.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/tenday/32609?from=36hr_topnav_golf

ss
ss New Reader
9/24/08 12:26 p.m.
CarKid1989 wrote:
Hey . It was good seeing you there. What was the colts best time? That car is such a sleeper....amazing job on it

I ran a 43.?? in the morning and a 40.33 in Brian's teg in the afternoon Good meeting you too. Like I said If you make it to the challenge u have a place to stay

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/24/08 12:32 p.m.
wheels777 wrote: Does the weather forecast always change so radically in Florida? This morning it called for rain Wed, Thurs and Friday. Minutes ago it has Sun on Friday. http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/tenday/32609?from=36hr_topnav_golf

As a Yankee who now lives in the south, I can attest to that.

Weather patterns are slow in the NE. They come in and stay for several days before changing. Not so here. Weather patterns can change COMPLETELY within a couple of hours. Sunny AM, tremendous unpredicted storms in the early afternoon, more sun later on.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear.

As a general rule, be prepared for afternoon showers.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/24/08 12:40 p.m.

Southern rule of thumb: 'If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes and you'll get something different'.

You guys are lucky; my '08 Challenge project had to go bye bye. Ya never know, maybe I'll be there for '10!

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4MApI0BSIjhiyov9INY8TtBTeX6H6FYhGEtH9vOh9S4o7f7ZT3MnFFej7BoGAev9