1 2 3 4
Rangeball
Rangeball Reader
7/23/09 11:36 a.m.
Ian F
Ian F HalfDork
7/23/09 11:42 a.m.

That's a nice looking car, although I don't know enough about them to say if that's a good price or not...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/23/09 11:51 a.m.

I saw that ad last night. I'd want to know more about the a/c. The car appears to beautiful (I admit that I didn't study the very thorough ad), but for that price I'd want cold a/c. Excellent color, too.

Rangeball
Rangeball Reader
7/23/09 11:55 a.m.

Especially being in FL. WE NEED AC! I agree the color, condition and mileage make it a great buy though.

David S. Wallens
7/23/09 12:00 p.m.

Yeah, a/c is good. I just used it when running to lunch.

Not that I'm having a/c problems, but I have been checking out this site: http://www.mrjaguar.com/porsche/porsche911carreraac.html

And someone brought a beautiful Carrera that's for sale to the last Orlando PCA meeting: Iris blue (or something similar), 80k-ish miles, beautiful condition. Asking price was $17,500. I don't know about the a/c, though. Just use it as a data point.

Rangeball
Rangeball Reader
7/23/09 12:08 p.m.

Thanks David for the info. That's good info on the A/C. Gives a good idea on any additional costs. Curious about the Orlando Carrera. What year?

David S. Wallens
7/23/09 12:11 p.m.

I want to say it was an '85 or '86. It was pre-G50, I believe. I don't see it on the region's classifieds, and I didn't get the seller's name.

Rangeball
Rangeball Reader
7/23/09 12:14 p.m.

No worries. Thank you!

David S. Wallens
7/23/09 12:14 p.m.

Will a targa work? From Nort, our local Porsche dealer:

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/inview/detail.jsp?ct=u&car_id=262932220&dealer_id=616101&car_year=1982&dealership_view_name=nortnorthamcollection&cardist=5685

Rangeball
Rangeball Reader
7/23/09 12:36 p.m.

Personally not a fan of Targa's. My ultimate purchase I think would have to be either a nice example of an '86 or step up to a 965. There is a beautiful 965 turbo on pelican that I look at daily. But that is at least three or four years out for me.

Edited for too much information...

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/23/09 8:07 p.m.
Strizzo wrote: do a search on here for the guy that was about to plunk down the cash for an older 911...right up until the pre purchase inspection happened. that guy's story alone scared me far, far away from even thinking about a porsche for a long time. EDIT: found it http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/killer-body-evil-heart/5763/page1/

I noticed that this thread had become active again and I read back through it from the top. Anyway, "the guy" mentioned above was me.

I got scared away for a few months, but, sure enough, the cars lured me back again. As mentioned in another thread, I caved in and bought one this week.

Rangeball
Rangeball Reader
7/24/09 7:33 a.m.
Woody wrote: I got scared away for a few months, but, sure enough, the cars lured me back again. As mentioned in another thread, I caved in and bought one this week.

Didn't know that. Do give us some impressions. I find myself at times wondering to other (newer) cars but always seem to end up back here (p body).

Congrats!

Otto_Maddox
Otto_Maddox New Reader
7/24/09 8:26 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

Is Nort pretty well regarded around your neck of the woods?

Woody
7/24/09 5:40 p.m.
Rangeball wrote:
Woody wrote: I got scared away for a few months, but, sure enough, the cars lured me back again. As mentioned in another thread, I caved in and bought one this week.
Didn't know that. Do give us some impressions. I find myself at times wondering to other (newer) cars but always seem to end up back here (p body). Congrats!

I sort of stumbled upon a car that had original paint, a receipt for a new engine and clutch within the last 30k miles, and an owner who was getting frustrated dealing with calls and e-mails from tire kickers. Seemed like a safe bet if I wanted to try a 911.

And, (surprise!) no PPI. It would have been a logistical nightmare at an unfamiliar shop. I put a lot of trust in that receipt and my impression of the seller.

I just registered the car today, so no real insight yet.

Rangeball
Rangeball Reader
7/25/09 10:57 a.m.

Good deal Woody! Hope you enjoy the weekend drives! Now pictures or it's not true.

awdbandito
awdbandito
7/25/09 3:44 p.m.

Congrats on the 911. I bought my '77 Carrera 3.0 about a year ago and I am now HOOKED! I drive it 5 days a week easy. Drive the hell out of it and grin.

Woody
7/25/09 6:17 p.m.
Rangeball wrote: Good deal Woody! Hope you enjoy the weekend drives! Now pictures or it's not true.

Photobucket

Photobucket

David S. Wallens
7/25/09 8:49 p.m.
Otto_Maddox wrote: In reply to David S. Wallens: Is Nort pretty well regarded around your neck of the woods?

Yes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he helped launch our PCA region back in the day. We passed by his place today. The 930 was parked out front. He also has a classic Mini.

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
7/26/09 5:46 p.m.

Just doing some "research" on another site, and came across this:

http://busselecta.com/porsche/index.htm

Fun for the whole Family.

Luke
Luke Dork
7/26/09 6:56 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: Just doing some "research" on another site, and came across this: http://busselecta.com/porsche/index.htm Fun for the whole Family.

Cool

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p9iQET626GgvosdVRv3Hj7Y1eSQDC4QHP10ejfmjpFGxkXIZdaUaow9BbyfR2XO6