1 2 3
Devilsolsi
Devilsolsi Reader
2/23/18 9:03 a.m.

I brought my 996 in for an alignment and MD state inspection today...and they gave me this. 2018 Macan GTS, full leather, sport chrono, carbon ceramics, etc..I almost laughed when they gave me the keys.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/23/18 9:12 a.m.

I feel like Charlie Brown (I got a rock) by comparison:

I got a base '18 Focus from Enterprise rental.  My dealership doesn't have loaners, they use the local car rental place because its a stone's through away.

It is interesting how drastically different the two cars are and how much nicer the interior is in my RS by comparison, especially the seats!  My god, its like I'm sitting ON the car and my head is in the ceiling with the seat all the way down!  Gimme my Recaros back!

I'm taking it back today to pick my car up and I'll get to go through it all again once the parts show up in a couple of weeks, luckily its just a slightly leaking HG and not a full cylinder head replacement like some have had to do (likely failures that have gone a bit longer and potentially damaged the head is my guess).  I don't drive it much (only 8000 miles so far in the 18 months I've had it).

That reminds me: I should talk to them about upgrading the USB hub so I can use Apple CarPlay...

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
2/23/18 9:49 a.m.

Entropyman: Kelly Ford in Melbourne, where I bought it.  They've been great up until now, but I think 2 weeks is a bit excessive for this repair.  Some of that is not their fault, since the parts are in such high demand and have short supplies.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
2/23/18 10:45 a.m.

In reply to Devilsolsi :

That Macan hits pretty similar performance numbers to your 996, but goes about it in a *totally* different way. You've got to follow up with your driving impressions.

Entropyman
Entropyman GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/23/18 11:10 a.m.
jstein77 said:

Entropyman: Kelly Ford in Melbourne, where I bought it.  They've been great up until now, but I think 2 weeks is a bit excessive for this repair.  Some of that is not their fault, since the parts are in such high demand and have short supplies.

Kinda funny, our cars are right up the road from each other.  My 2013 Volt is at Rosner Chevy getting a full battery pack replacement.  To stay on topic: I got a Chevy Cruze as a loaner.  It's not horrible but it is an appliance in every sense of the word. 

Devilsolsi
Devilsolsi Reader
2/23/18 2:33 p.m.
nderwater said:

In reply to Devilsolsi :

That Macan hits pretty similar performance numbers to your 996, but goes about it in a *totally* different way. You've got to follow up with your driving impressions.

I am not a SUV person at all, and I have never understood the idea of performance SUVs. This doesn't feel like an SUV, and it doesn't feel as big as it is. The quality of the interior is really great. This one has quite a few options, including the PCCBs which is an $8K option. I could see driving one of these, but I have trouble with the idea of spending that much money on something like this, even if I could afford it.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
2/23/18 5:55 p.m.

Safely back home in my garage.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NEE8kpz3YSqTX4XNodtKQqOLVHeMcScDgsMju5gCw6MpfvQd9N5YRQKT9PpUZ0bc