1 2 3 ... 5
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
2/14/22 3:04 p.m.

Sponsored Content Presented by Revolution Racing League.

How about some truly simple racing rules?

No trackside dynos.

No minimum lap times.

No complicated formulas.

Revolution Racing League, a new endurance group based out of the Pacific Northwest, places cars into one of three classes simply by tire width and fuel capacity. A spec tire is mandated for all …

Read the rest of the story

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
2/14/22 3:12 p.m.

Interesting rule set with the fuel capacity, jugs, and tires. It is also interesting that tracks are becoming more and more endurance friendly, I remember the days when they didn't want this type of racing, now they have 3-4 series running at the tracks.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/14/22 3:28 p.m.

Ooooooohh...

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/14/22 3:39 p.m.

Cool seeing PIR get some love. Think these races will be spectator friendly?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/22 3:39 p.m.

Well now, that's intriguing!

Driven5
Driven5 UberDork
2/14/22 3:50 p.m.

They have captured my attention... and imagination.

MaxC
MaxC Reader
2/14/22 4:39 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:

Cool seeing PIR get some love. Think these races will be spectator friendly?

I can't speak for this series, but Lucky Dog who races PIR twice a year is very spectator friendly. Endurance racing can be a difficult spectator sport, as it is... exhausting. There's not many people out there watching us normally. That also means you can get the best seat in the house!

I believe this series is former LD racers wanting to not be restricted by LD rules and lap times. Very interested to see how it turns out!

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/14/22 4:43 p.m.

Any PNW locals who want to get in on this? I'd be game to join a team.

Javelin
2/14/22 4:56 p.m.
MaxC said:

I believe this series is former LD racers wanting to not be restricted by LD rules and lap times. Very interested to see how it turns out!

Which is funny, because LuckyDog was made by former ChumpCar racers who didn't want to be restricted and ChumpCar was made by former LeMons racers who didn't want to be restricted and LeMons was made by former SCCA racers who didn't want to be restricted...

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
2/14/22 5:28 p.m.
Javelin said:
MaxC said:

Which is funny, because LuckyDog was made by former ChumpCar racers who didn't want to be restricted and ChumpCar was made by former LeMons racers who didn't want to be restricted and LeMons was made by former SCCA racers who didn't want to be restricted...

Hmmmm?  Me thinks I see a pattern?

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/14/22 5:30 p.m.

Could you make a VW TDi fast enough to run in class A to allow the 24 gallons of fuel to be able  to make up the lost time difference per lap while other racers are pitting 10 minutes for gas...  

What a garbled mess I wrote.  

MaxC
MaxC Reader
2/14/22 5:36 p.m.
jimbbski said:
Javelin said:
MaxC said:

Hmmmm?  Me thinks I see a pattern?

Soon there will be enough series that everyone can be a winner!!

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/14/22 5:52 p.m.

I kinda like these rules.

If they come east, I'll try it for sure.  Class B, here I come!

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/14/22 7:43 p.m.

It could be operator error, but I'm confused by the notion in the article above that they're trying to find a way of letting in things like Lotus 7s and Cobras despite being tube chassis by running them in, say Class A while requiring them to meet Class C "prep rules." But the rules don't differentiate beyond, well, tire width and tank size.

Which is kind of the point. Is that what was meant? That if they did go that route they'd run an FFR Roadster on 225s with a 12-gallon tank? Or are there some other A/B/C differences that just aren't in the rules yet? (there's a link to the rule book, but then it says to email for the "tech book.")

Awesome to hear about more racing in the PNW!

Nader
Nader New Reader
2/14/22 7:48 p.m.

Too bad it's not going to Pacific Raceways (Seattle's "home track").

Javelin
2/15/22 2:50 p.m.
DaksAhoy said:

So nice of the RRL to use my image for this sponsored content with out licensing it or crediting me in any way. Love seeing my work taken and used commercially without permission.

Funnily enough I took it during a Lucky Dog event.

Oh? Which image? That is not only not cool, but also not legal...

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
2/15/22 3:07 p.m.

I have it on good authority that Hankook doesn't know their a sponsor either.

Some shady behind the scenes stuff with this one,thats all I'm going to say.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
2/15/22 3:17 p.m.

The events are not listed on the Portland Int'l, The Ridge Motorsports Park, Spokane looks to be closed and I wasn't able to look at ORP calender just kept loading.

Javelin
2/15/22 3:34 p.m.

Hey GRM, something smells fishy here...

DocRob
DocRob Reader
2/15/22 5:02 p.m.

In reply to Noddaz :

If I understand it correctly: If you run a 285+ tire or a 24-gallon fuel tank you're Class A.

So, all you have to do is put a 24-gallon cell in a TDI to make it a Class A car. - How much speed you put into the car is now a function of how much cash you want to spend.

DaksAhoy
DaksAhoy New Reader
2/16/22 5:01 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

It has now been resolved. My friend Kirk now is the provider of the hero image for the article. Mine was originally used. Kirk has some excellent work and I'm glad to see his image now being used.

RevolutionRacing
RevolutionRacing
2/16/22 5:02 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469 :

Thanks, we're tried to create a rule set that allows for a lot of diversity.

RevolutionRacing
RevolutionRacing New Reader
2/16/22 5:04 p.m.

In reply to DaksAhoy :

You were paid for the image origionally used.

RevolutionRacing
2/16/22 5:07 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469 :

We're on the schedule at the Ridge and ORP. Spokane is under new ownership and we were the ones spearheading it's new owners putting on races there. They're currently in the rebrand phase and will announce soon, including publishing a calendar. Portland will have us added to the schedule shortly.

RevolutionRacing
2/16/22 5:11 p.m.

In reply to kevlarcorolla :

Hankook is our tire sponsor. they built a page specifically for us for our racers to buy tires from.. www.rrltires.com. 

1 2 3 ... 5

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
2lcevDzoAUDUr3BtCPsfZ2UfGBxtG5rYB5wgG7a79Varf4S3h68lcXVc7DSoyj6M