1 2
mndsm
mndsm Dork
12/9/10 8:06 a.m.
Platinum90 wrote:
mndsm wrote: Heard somewhere Turbodog was the Stig too.
Some say he could snatch a frisbee out of mid air...on the moon. Some say he could lap the nurburgring in 8 minutes, without a car. Some say he was an excellent dog, and a terrific mascot. All we know is, he was called TurboDog. As the owner/father of an adorable pup, I cannot even imagine how it must feel. For those who knew him, you have my condolences.

This deserves a magazine quote if I've ever seen one.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
12/9/10 8:10 a.m.
Keith wrote: Thanks for the kind words, folks. Turbo passed on today. He really was more like Bill and Teri's son than a pet. I don't think they're planning on bringing another dog into their lives any time soon.

:(

Prayers for comfort.

TurboDogsDad
TurboDogsDad
12/9/10 10:57 p.m.
Platinum90 wrote:
Some say he could snatch a frisbee out of mid air...on the moon. Some say he could lap the nurburgring in 8 minutes, without a car. Some say he was an excellent dog, and a terrific mascot. All we know is, he was called TurboDog. Platinum, I think you must have known him. Tough times around FM this week, hard to come down the stairs this morning and no pooch to greet me. Appreciate the good thoughts, thanks to all of you. As the owner/father of an adorable pup, I cannot even imagine how it must feel. For those who knew him, you have my condolences.
TurboDogsDad
TurboDogsDad New Reader
12/9/10 11:00 p.m.

In reply to TurboDogsDad: Wow, did the formatting get screwed up on my last post(which is actually my first post on this forum). Hopefully you can figure out what I was trying to say.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
12/9/10 11:22 p.m.
TurboDogsDad wrote:
Platinum90 wrote:
Some say he could snatch a frisbee out of mid air...on the moon. Some say he could lap the nurburgring in 8 minutes, without a car. Some say he was an excellent dog, and a terrific mascot. All we know is, he was called TurboDog. As the owner/father of an adorable pup, I cannot even imagine how it must feel. For those who knew him, you have my condolences.
Platinum, I think you must have known him. Tough times around FM this week, hard to come down the stairs this morning and no pooch to greet me. Appreciate the good thoughts, thanks to all of you.

I think this is what you were trying to say. My condolences out to you sir, it sounds like you gave him a happy and wonderful life.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/10/10 10:31 a.m.

These thread always get my "pain water" flowing out my eyes.

orphancars
orphancars Reader
12/10/10 11:18 a.m.

Bill and Teri,

Not a Miata owner here, just a guy working in his office with 2 rescue pups at my feet, and another 2 napping elsewhere in the building. I am sorry for your loss. TurboDog sounds like he as a wonderful part of your family.....and it sounds like you gave him the best home, better than a lot of dogs ever get.

I'm sure all dogs get to go on to a better place. We are fortunate to have them in our lives.....they give us tremendous love and ask for so little in return. And you never know -- you may not be looking for another dog, he may be out there looking for you!

-jeff d

mtn
mtn SuperDork
12/10/10 11:52 a.m.
orphancars wrote: And you never know -- you may not be looking for another dog, he may be out there looking for you! -jeff d

There is so much truth to this. When Shelby died, we had pretty much decided that we were not getting another dog for at least a few years. Almost exactly a month later we found out from a friend of a friend that Ralph, a 5 year old, was looking for a new home and had no one to take him. He'll have been with us two years the day after Christmas.

TurboDogsDad
TurboDogsDad New Reader
12/10/10 5:05 p.m.

Thanks, MTN, for fixing my post. I'm pretty useless right now.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
12/10/10 5:19 p.m.
TurboDogsDad wrote: Thanks, MTN, for fixing my post. I'm pretty useless right now.

No, sir! You and your wife are wonderful people for nurturing TurboDog into one whose presence will be remembered long beyond his passing.

Please accept our condolences and our hopes that both of you will share that joy again.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
12/11/10 12:43 a.m.
TurboDogsDad wrote: Thanks, MTN, for fixing my post. I'm pretty useless right now.

Ugh--my heart aches for you (and your wife) after reading this.

You gave him a great, happy life. He lived the life a dog deserves to live and in that I hope you find comfort.

I also know that there's another rescue dog out there who needs a great home like yours and that after the shock/grief subsides you'll open your heart and home to him or her.

Hang in there.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
12/11/10 7:44 a.m.

Sorry to hear of TurboDog's passing.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
12/11/10 12:51 p.m.

damn allergies

Big ego
Big ego SuperDork
12/11/10 12:53 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
Platinum90 wrote:
This deserves a magazine quote if I've ever seen one.

Hopefully he's listening to morse code up in doggy heaven while catching those frisbee's...

Sorry to hear about your loss

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2SFP8i8qLCLeqXgn1lVNoNwPRJOkuVT6gB3Xh3aPnVwZZ25pZe5TEinSY8XrrWBF