1 2
buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
5/19/22 11:17 a.m.

I like the idea quite a lot. But I'm not really into the 2JZ. Tie it in to the DaimlerChrysler partnership and drop a boosted M104 in there.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
5/19/22 12:21 p.m.

Why does it seem some people care about certain vehicles getting swapped to motors from different brands but not other vehicles?

For example this vehicle vs I never see anyone say why K swap a Miata or MR2, etc.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/19/22 2:47 p.m.

Engines can't read what's on the valve cover.  They don't care. You can see by some of the responses in the thread how uptight the MoPar community can be. I think that's where the haters gonna h8te comes from.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/19/22 4:14 p.m.

When I take my 2JZ-powered '31 Ford hot rod to shows, I always have someone telling me "Wow this must reeaally pi$$ off the purists!!1!" And yet, I have never seen anyone get upset by my build. Maybe they are just polite and keep it to themselves. The younger folks I've met think the 2JZ is cool and the older folks I've met are just happy that someone my age is building hot rods.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/19/22 4:35 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

When I take my 2JZ-powered '31 Ford hot rod to shows, I always have someone telling me "Wow this must reeaally pi$$ off the purists!!1!" And yet, I have never seen anyone get upset by my build. Maybe they are just polite and keep it to themselves. The younger folks I've met think the 2JZ is cool and the older folks I've met are just happy that someone my age is building hot rods.

As opposed to what should be in a '31 Ford... a small block Chevy?

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Dork
5/19/22 8:33 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
maschinenbau said:

As opposed to what should be in a '31 Ford... a small block Chevy?

The traditionalists probably all want the flathead v8. Note that the flathead v8 didn't come till a year later.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/19/22 11:19 p.m.

In reply to MotorsportsGordon :

Oh, those new fangled v-8s?

Real hot rodders build bangers.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/19/22 11:44 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to MotorsportsGordon :

Oh, those new fangled v-8s?

Real hot rodders build bangers.

Like that Zora guy who made Hemi heads ("Ardun") for them?  I bet he never dabbled with engines so boring as small block Chevys smiley

te72
te72 HalfDork
11/12/22 3:58 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

Did you happen to start a build thread on Supramania about a decade ago? I go by te72 on there as well, and your build sounds really familiar.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mjCOCovKNqW8NrFTwXbNjIgC4lXFr1lw1doFqtEVc6Xu9hjENsNIBSW4tT4jWt1f