1 2
BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
4/17/21 5:03 p.m.

Here’s our Mazda enjoying the charms of February in middle Michigan.

It ended up being the coldest week of the year. Snow tires (Continental Wintercontact) were a good decision.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/21 5:14 p.m.

Here's the van in front of the world's largest pistachio. 

parker
parker Reader
4/17/21 5:36 p.m.

My faithful 4Runner in Yellowstone.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/17/21 5:51 p.m.

June, 2013 outside of Glacier National Park.  Wifey's trusty 2003 4X2 Trailblazer LS. 

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
4/17/21 7:05 p.m.

My cars have seen their fair share of road trips, but some of them aren't well-documented in photographs. Let's see what I can dig up!

It seems like a lot of these were in 2019! From January of that year, here's my Focus parked near one of the abandoned structures of Two Guns, Arizona.

This was part of the grand adventure I took by flying to Arizona on New Year's Day, buying the car, learning to drive manual by going around the block a few times, and driving it all the way back to PA. Before this, I took it on a remote route called the Apache Trail and got it slightly muddy. Good thing I did, because apparently part of the road is washed out and closed indefinitely now. It was so worth it.

Here's a video from a spot on the Apache Trail where I stopped and just looked around for a minute.

Then in late June, I drove to Pikes Peak for the hillclimb. I took my Town Car because the other cars were uhhh broken or not ready or whatever. Here's a nice shot of it somewhere in the Midwest during the drive home.

And then of course, in October 2019 I drove the Probe which was finally road legal to the challenge and back. laugh Here's a photo from the parking lot of the hotel I stayed in, I think.

This one's kind of cheating...but I saw this Ford water tower somewhere in Illinois while driving my Mercury Cougar home from Wisconsin where I bought it. laugh Apparently I didn't take any photos of the car on that May 2018 trip... blush

Here's the aftermath of getting my previous Focus stuck in the mud in the Daytona International Speedway parking lot during the 2016 24-hour race.

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
4/17/21 11:01 p.m.

My best friend and I's New Years day trip from Spartanburg SC to Nashville TN in a 62 544 to visit the Lane Museum.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/21 6:25 a.m.

Gary the Jeep with the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota 

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
4/18/21 10:18 a.m.

Late 1970s gassing up in Alturas CA on the way to an MG meet in Lake Tahoe in 1980.  Luggage, sleeping bags and tent on the boot rack.

Same car at a local MG club concours. I was ticked because they were allowing cars with modifications to compete and be judged as if they were completely original as long as the original parts were displayed along with the car. You ended up with MGs with a pair of carbs on a blanket in front of it and a Weber in the car.

I thought that was a bit odd and signified my protest by showing the two cars below.  They wondered what the heck I was doing trailering in an odd race car until I explained that the red car was my modified MG and the white one was simply all of the original parts that weren't on my show car...like body, suspension etc. etc. (the Grantura shared the driveline with the MG).  They amended the rule after that year....

PS - still own the MG after 40 odd years of ownership. This is it after the second restoration (keep them long enough and you need to refurbish them every couple of decades or so).

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
4/18/21 11:37 a.m.

4000 mile trip somewhere around 2003-4?, pic taken in FL headed West on I-10 on the way to New Orleans for Mardi gras.

[URL=https://app.photobucket.com/u/NOTATA/a/195ca599-f3de-4580-a4cc-d55daa8db651/p/1f3c15b0-ecc9-4818-a757-e1a7d3f79ad2][/URL]

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/18/21 1:38 p.m.

4x across country in this car, I have road tripped.

Just outside of Moab, UT.

At the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY. Due to a private track rental that day I did not get to do "greater than highway speed" laps.

Another trip through UT at an outcropping called the Black Dragon or something Dragon anyways.

28 states so far in that car.

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Dork
4/18/21 1:54 p.m.

My Fiesta ST on a 5500 mile tour of the US in 2018.  This was coming down Pikes Peak somewhere near Devil's Playground (I think).

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
4/18/21 11:12 p.m.

Last over 200 mile trip I did, LeCircuit Mt Tremblant in 2013

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
4/19/21 11:57 a.m.

I've got a few. A buddy of mine with the Audi Coupe we stormed around Colorado in an alarming number of years ago:

The same buddy with our Sentra SE-R BABE Rally car in 2007. Should have kept that car....:

My 128i up in one of my usual haunts in Maine (discovered a sensor fault on the camera on that trip, hence the blurriness):

And my faithful 2002, which has seen me all over New England and the East Coast, here on Mt. Washington, NH when I went up to watch the hill climb one year:

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
4/19/21 12:50 p.m.

Most of mine involve driving around the country to race dirt bikes. This is an old missile test site in Utah:

And this is Tennessee Knockout, last year:

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
4/19/21 8:25 p.m.
wspohn said:

PS - still own the MG after 40 odd years of ownership. This is it after the second restoration (keep them long enough and you need to refurbish them every couple of decades or so).

That feeling when you're like "Ugh, I have to do this job again? I just did it!" Then your brain is like "Yeah... in 2003..."

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/19/21 8:42 p.m.

Got a lot of 'em in my truck history thread https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/i-bought-a-truck-17-years-ago/182476/page1/

Looking through them, I think I really need to level the truck.  I had the bed loaded pretty decently with crap on the way back from California and it gave a pseudo-level look.

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/21 9:06 p.m.

I never drive the sports cars anywhere. If I'm road tripping, I'm in something bigger and more capable of seeing all the sights. I also frequently have the family with me so more seats is a requirement. 

The F350 and Alaskan camper somewhere in Canada on the shores of Lake Superior. Rossport maybe. 

DSCN1739.JPG

The F350 and Key West at 6053', the highest point on the Blue Ridge Parkway on the way back from Tennessee. 

DSCN0884.JPG

SanFord at a rest area in the Blueridge Mountains on I40 while on the way back from Wisconsin. 

The Suburban somewhere between Charleston and Maine, on a gravel road beside some lake. That was a 4000-mile trip.

20190718_120455.jpg

Another one of the F350 and Alaskan camper. This is at a campground in Wisconsin somewhere on the way back from Canada. 

This is the whole family on a road trip in the shuttle bus. We had some good times in it running around the state to museums, parks, and the state capitol. 

You could even get away with parking it just about anywhere. 

20170723_154543_HDR.jpg

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/21 9:08 p.m.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
4/20/21 10:28 a.m.

^I used to work about 500 feet from that water tower. It used to say "Florence Mall" then the state said there couldn't be advertising on public works.

Honsch
Honsch Reader
4/20/21 11:52 a.m.

Took the race car with the teammates out to break in the new engine.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/16/21 11:20 p.m.

I know there's a photography thread, but I can't find it.  Therefore, here:

We really should have some of these stickied or something.

G8MikeGXP
G8MikeGXP Reader
7/17/21 6:23 a.m.

Somewhere off I-10 in west Texas last year.  AZ to VA. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
7/17/21 7:14 a.m.

Gary the Jeep's first road trip somewhere in Jersey going to Radwood 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
7/17/21 7:19 a.m.

The Green Giant In Minnesota 

Badlands SD

Somewhere in Nebraska 

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
7/17/21 9:16 a.m.

I didn't have the Miata when I first posted in this thread, but here it is in Maine on its inaugural road trip.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EvNugquhhDBTwPKjiav8AlyOXP6ec5oDcK3LqkItTZuuXmW0xVaa76BwxaZMD0Rq