1 2
DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
7/17/21 6:53 p.m.

I did a three month tour for Volkswagen back in 2007, I think.  They wanted photos in cool locations, so here is Rocky Mountain National Park.

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/17/21 8:04 p.m.

Well... for excitement on this Saturday night we drove the "Outlaw Bug" into downtown Havana for dinner.  We have two stoplights in town, only because if we only had one we would be stereo-typed into being a "one stoplight town".    Doesn't sound very exciting until you understand that the only speedo in the bug is a Garmin GPS.  When it registers 3 digits on the highway into town you realize you are implementing proper use of VP 110 octane fuel...

OBTW, Dinner was great!

Nitroracer (Forum Supporter)
Nitroracer (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/17/21 8:14 p.m.

We did a 1200 mile road trip of Utah to see the mighty five national parks for our honeymoon.  Unfortunately the Mustang convertible I reserved before the trip had some letters rearranged on the badge.  

'Mustang' Brochure Pictures a top a mountain near Moab

Did a tour in Moab with Xtreme 4x4 Tours - HIGHLY Recommended!  It was an awesome trip in what was left of this late 80s Suburban.

Red Rocks in the middle of nowhere.

One of my favorite roads we found.  Curvy on the top of a moutain ridge with at 14% grade.  With bonus long boarder about to go for a rip.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/17/21 8:21 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

Gary the Jeep with the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota 

Thanks for the earworm, meanie.

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/17/21 8:23 p.m.

Matt,

Was that last picture Utah S.R. 12?   That was a nail-biter driving a 40' Motorhome.  wink

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/17/21 8:24 p.m.

My first stop or many taking the Fit north for the Gridlife Chicago area events back in May..

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/17/21 8:30 p.m.

Leaving work to go to the 2012 RXNC:

At the event:

Ohio crew partway home:

Home, I forget if it was Sunday night/Monday morning or Monday night:

Almost 28 hours of driving an overloaded car (passenger seat was removed to carry spare transmission, diff, and driveshaft) with an engine that was a month old, having been built in a friend's basement (my first four-port, relieved bridge port) and carefully broken in before the trip.

Still have vivid memories of crossing Missouri at high speed, passing trucks uphill without leaving 5th gear, while Slayer's "Divine Intervention" hammered through the speakers.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2ZGro4ZSKNKGpp1uXXedEt3fQJqXsxzQc3N9BHMsoGcclhWzgXS9X7ymuhwTBo0b