1 2
ronholm
ronholm Reader
1/29/13 9:49 p.m.
An example would be about 750 for a 500 dollar buy.

As in you bid 500 and it costs you 750?

I see brokers fees and the rest of it.. Or sign up to be a premier member... I assume you skip the premier member step if you go through a broker.. unless of course you are buying a car which wouldn't require the broker.. Then you need to either spring for the membership or just increase your buying power by fronting some money to buy without the broker fees?

They sure don't make that very clear.. Or I ain't real smurt.

Supercoupe
Supercoupe HalfDork
1/30/13 10:04 p.m.

most brokers on copart charge you 400 dollars on top of the other fees....

ronholm
ronholm Reader
1/31/13 11:55 a.m.

Well.... Somebody PLEASE bid this up a little higher so I can quit thinking about it.

http://www.copart.com/c2/individualLot.html?lotId=23657852

m_walker26
m_walker26 New Reader
8/26/13 2:54 p.m.

I've bought about 10 cars on CoPart the past two years. I use some Russians up in Michigan as brokers, their fees are less and they are very easy to deal with. I've had varying success from the cars but I have profited enough to wind up with a 90 Miata with a rebuilt Jasper engine with 15,000 miles on it and a 2003 BMW 3 series two door that is just beautiful and zero money out of pocket. Losers were a Land Rover and a 91 Miata from Kentucky that was untitleable. Sold for little more than what I paid for it. Lost money after your figure in going and getting it, putting in a new battery, etc. I am real happy with what I wound up with but I am semi retiring. Note: The 90 Miata is Challenge eligible and ready to go.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/26/13 3:39 p.m.

shweta
shweta
9/25/13 12:41 a.m.

For more Auctions details check out....http://www.smackout.com/

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
9/25/13 1:19 a.m.

Thread from the dead fo sho, but if you buy say.... a 2011+ GT mustang on there, seems like a cheapish way to get some coyote in your life.

I'd be curious on the downsides.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/17/14 12:57 p.m.

Zombie Thread, canoes deleted.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
4/17/14 1:59 p.m.

I sometimes peruse http://www.ridesafely.com/ longingly. Never bought anything there though.

BBEXJosh
BBEXJosh New Reader
7/21/14 10:32 a.m.

In reply to plance1:you can only purchase there through salvage reseller or you need a dealer's license

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
7/21/14 11:24 a.m.
ClemSparks wrote:
Karl La Follette wrote: Just goto tow/impound yards and flash some cash you should be paying 7 to 8 dollars a hundred for cars . Low ball them with cash and taker cars withoput titles but get a receipt . Titles are 200 or so dollars . Be nice and persistent with tow yard owners .
Even if you *could* get a title for a car with no documentation for $200...it is my experience that the ones left in tow yards aren't worth putting that money into. Since the OP is looking for salvage, though...maybe that tact could work well for him/her. On the other hand...you won't find a tow yard here selling to the public. I'm pretty sure that's considered highly illegal. Clem

A tow company can get a title through a mechanics lien. Have you seen what a tow company costs when the cops make the call? They oughta wear masks because they are crooks.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JRnIYyyqiLILqyx8Z2tFDu17ZPwwNR7PwmOrJ53x8QLMtmQyrt6RAhjuL9W6CkS4