1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/25/22 7:22 p.m.

Three easy steps:

1. Obtain gratuitous amount of money.

2. More money than that.

3. Find Type R that isn't completely trashed.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/1/22 12:36 p.m.
Byrneon27 said:
Shaun said:

I have always loved the US front end with the small round headlights-  I'm apparently the only Honda enthusiast that is of that opinion and swapping the front over to the Japanese rectangular headlights is a thing. 

Another one!!!! Woooooot. Both Honda enthusiasts in this house are round eye fans

You can add me to the pile. The JDM front end looks so plain to me, compared to the four headlights on the USDM one. I get the impression that some people think anything JDM > USDM simply because it's JDM. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/22 6:31 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:
Byrneon27 said:
Shaun said:

I have always loved the US front end with the small round headlights-  I'm apparently the only Honda enthusiast that is of that opinion and swapping the front over to the Japanese rectangular headlights is a thing. 

Another one!!!! Woooooot. Both Honda enthusiasts in this house are round eye fans

You can add me to the pile. The JDM front end looks so plain to me, compared to the four headlights on the USDM one. I get the impression that some people think anything JDM > USDM simply because it's JDM.

I prefer the JDM frontend, just on looks. May be rather plain, but the USDM frontend, while definitely different, is overall kind of goofy-looking to me, kind of like it came from the factory with some oddball body kit made to turn heads.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/13/22 9:48 p.m.

Aren't we almost to the point where 25 year type Rs can be imported from Europe? They debuted in 1998. 

They are left hand drive, mostly identical to their USDM brethern, and commonly available under 20k before shipping, import fees, etc. 

If I was in the market I'd definitely hold off for a year.

1998 in Champ White, $16k, 62k miles and currently in Norway: https://www.theparking-cars.com/used-cars-detail/honda-integra-type-r/type-r/KJWJZLAQ.html

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/15/22 9:23 a.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

See also, kinda: JDM Type Rs looks to be priced fairly right now.

But, yeah, a Euro-spec car would also be LHD.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/12/22 10:32 a.m.

I think prices for these are falling. 21k for a 140k mile with a JDM front, Phoenix Yellow. No word on title status:

EDIT: 1 month later he's at 20k

GCrites
GCrites Dork
7/12/23 9:09 p.m.

I would say the Focus ST is the greatest at this time and time will tell if Civic Type R is considered greatest after some time by the masses. But ITR is almost certainly the Greatest Naturally-Aspirated Front-Wheel-Drive Car of All Time.

GCrites
GCrites Dork
7/12/23 9:11 p.m.
CrustyRedXpress said:

I think prices for these are falling. 21k for a 140k mile with a JDM front, Phoenix Yellow. No word on title status:

EDIT: 1 month later he's at 20k

Has it flipped as compared to 20 years ago where the JDM front end is far less desirable than the US import front end? Or is this example trash when you put it up on a lift?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/23 11:44 p.m.

You know what is interesting.  You can buy JDM ITRs and CTRs for about that much.

I even saw an ITR that someone in Japan had swapped the US market four headlight nose onto.

Not that I drool over the Civic Type R or anything....

mmm, 185hp 1600cc hatch

rathonda
rathonda New Reader
7/13/23 8:19 p.m.

Nothing wrong with the JDM front, but it's good to see other folks that like the round headlights. That's my preference too and why I've kept the round ones on my ITR.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IyHON3VjjFDq44H1yby4tKKpvdKTIdUauxsf2vYNzjTIhw0ETAKanPa893ioCXd9