Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
6/21/19 8:14 a.m.
Jordan Rimpela
6/21/19 8:35 a.m.

Anyone else currently watching? Seems like beautiful weather for it. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/21/19 8:42 a.m.

I just started watching it. Muted while on a conference call.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/21/19 9:26 a.m.

I’ll probably drop in in a minute... gotta catch some of the V4 action since BtG got a ride.

sleepyhead the buffalo
6/21/19 9:39 a.m.

So, cool thing about launching the livestream via mobile-browser is that I can still listen while I surf other forum tabs on my tablet... all while letting the #sleepykids do their things, and address their needs and not disturb the rest of the family.

sleepyhead the buffalo
6/21/19 9:57 a.m.

Did I just hear Hyundai got pole in TCR?

RobertHess
RobertHess GRM+ Member
6/21/19 11:36 a.m.

Is this a video live stream?

sleepyhead the buffalo
6/21/19 11:52 a.m.

In reply to RobertHess :

Yes, with Radio Le Mans commentary.  It’ll be on/off today and tomorrow while they go through practices/qualifications.  Race starts tomorrow.

edit: specifically, race starts Saturday at 3:30pm Euro time.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/21/19 12:00 p.m.

Final round of qualifying starting now.

EDIT: That was fun.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/21/19 12:52 p.m.

Ok, so I still don't see the point of drifting.

Jordan Rimpela
6/21/19 1:04 p.m.
T.J. said:

Ok, so I still don't see the point of drifting.

Just popped in to see that. Well, it's something to do, I suppose. Must smell GREAT there!

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/21/19 1:29 p.m.

In reply to Jordan Rimpela :

If I were camping along the track, I would sure watch it. Heck, I've got it open playing in another tab right now.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/21/19 1:53 p.m.

That drift event is nuts. I stayed for part of qualifying, but had to get back to the hotel and get some work done and pick up some supplies on the way. That drift event is one of the toughest tickets of the weekend, though. As you can see from the feed, the stands are PACKED. As I was leaving, there was a steady stream of people coming IN to the area just for the drift event. I can't imagine how far some of them are walking from where they're parked or camped. The year that I axtually went to the drift, we had someone drop us off then just drive around for an hour or so while we watched, then meet us back by the road.

One of the things that folks that have never been there really don't get is the sheer bigness of the whole place. The track basically sits on about 16 square miles of real estate. Walking from one side to the other could easily take half a day. My media parking pass is about the best parking you can get that isn't inside the track (almost no one can park inside the track except service vehicles), and I still have nearly a mile walk from the car to the media center. The year I drove in the RCN event, my pass for the driver parking lot was almost a mile and a half from the pits.

Thanks for watching all the streams everyone. This is kind of a big score for us, and we definitely want to show the folks who facilitated this for us in Germany that we're worth the trouble. So please help spread the word. Likes and shares. Likes and shares.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
6/21/19 2:22 p.m.

Yeah, I got there too late in the day for q'fying..but thanks for leaving it up for the drifting. I'm not the *biggest* fan in the world, but it makes good noises..and it's pretty.

And I'd rock that blue BMW 2002 Touring.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Az2ohkQ3GWBgADfS6Ax60oiLVe9VbCaohfmmSdgDUBAZJcy1R1bed2Q86SAi1obb