adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/3/21 2:21 p.m.

Night Qualifying is happening right now for the next two hours or so, the sun has just set.

Livestream

Find the race here tomorrow

And yes, there is still an Opel Mantra taking on all the best GT3 cars wink

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/4/21 9:00 a.m.

I plan on commandeering the living room TV most of the day tomorrow.

adam525i
6/4/21 10:42 p.m.

Just bumping this up ahead of the start tomorrow.

adam525i
6/5/21 7:48 a.m.

Livestream here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXlRJ0-ETyI

Looks like the warm  up lap starts at 9 am EST and race start at 9:30 am EST, should be enough time to finish F1 qualifying provided there aren't anymore red flags.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/5/21 8:06 a.m.
adam525i said:

Livestream here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXlRJ0-ETyI

Looks like the warm  up lap starts at 9 am EST and race start at 9:30 am EST, should be enough time to finish F1 qualifying provided there aren't anymore red flags.

Looks like it's region restricted. I may finally have to break down and get a VPN.

JG Pasterjak
6/5/21 8:27 a.m.

Hola VPN to the rescue. I guess I know what I'm watching all weekend :)

adam525i
6/5/21 8:28 a.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak :

That's a shame, I guess you guys can be productive today.

Here's the 3 hour classic race from yesterday with German commentary (no English) with some good racing.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
6/5/21 8:58 a.m.

The WRL 14hrs of Daytona is going on today as well.

https://youtu.be/e2pCH1ZjV3w

adam525i
6/5/21 9:03 a.m.

Another fun one with Misha Charoudin in the slowest car in the race, crazy to think of this thing on track with everything else. He instructs for Apex at the ring and has a pretty fun Youtube channel where he does a lot of interesting ride alongs in a some of the crazy stuff that shows up for tourist laps. 

JG Pasterjak
6/5/21 10:05 a.m.

Hola VPN is free and working great. I set my location to Germany, but probably most any non-US location would work.

Enjoying watching the slow, soaked crawl to what looks like an inevitable red flag for a while.

Mostly just bummed this is year two in a row I'm not there. Things hit the fan last year close enough to the race where I had flights, media creds, rooms all booked and ready to go. I'd be perfectly happy to be sitting in a dry media room eating some German potato salad (which, fun fact, in Germany is just called "potato salad") or standing on a wet pit road watching engineers furtively stare a screens trying to convince themselves that reality is not what they're being told.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
6/5/21 3:56 p.m.

Red flagged until 7:00 AM their time.....Totally fog bound.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Y8w1c7aortyGcxjZ7i6LBD0VpuRp8XYry1nhnKKfRliYLYPFrEGfUU9uLtfH1AKp