1 2 3
Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/17/22 11:42 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Thanks for the pics of the 360 degree calibration mats. I'd never considered that procedure before. Finding that much empty space in a working shop is not a trivial matter!

So, so true. Nissan dealer tech for 14 years here, we're lucky that our drive-through bays have square tiles creating a natural grid in the floor. There's isn't anywhere in the shop with the actual space to perform the work as outlined in the FSM.

flatlander937
flatlander937 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/24/22 8:47 p.m.

Got my new work truck... much more comfy. Kinda miss the enclosed storage of the Sequoia but this thing will tow the GTI (eventually) much better. 

Radar is noticeably off. By how much? Not sure yet, got a busy week so may not get to aiming it until next week. But cruising down the highway approaching a car one lane to the left (nobody in front of me) it was picking up that car multiple times. Also seems to be off in the vertical direction some amount because it is super jerky in coming up on a vehicle and not detecting until ~70m away. Generally you want it picking stuff up under ideal conditions (straight road, normal size sedan way ahead of you) at least ~100m out. Some of the really good systems will do it 120-150m out (though unless you're watching live data it may not tell you this on the dash).

This is how I expect the used car market to be as time goes on.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QLVnMDMqo8vsbzj5XClXNefb7RJRYxgkvUppv3sAL6XNkNQTFUnGMkqgC1cWaaVL