Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
6/6/17 11:18 a.m.
feature_image

We are based in Florida, where it gets quite hot. That means that to get any real use out of our project ramp truck, we would need to install air conditioning.

By 1973, Ford had automotive air conditioning figured out pretty well, and there was an option for a fully integrated, in-dash air conditioning system—even in the F-Series Ford …

Read the rest of the story

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/17 3:19 p.m.

If I said, "Cool", would you hate me.

I'm going to need something like that for SanFord. Another update about how well it freezes you out of the cab would be nice. I have a few more cubic feet to cool down.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
6/6/17 3:25 p.m.

A drill mounted nibbler?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/17 8:14 p.m.

The AC is interesting but I want to know more about the tool in the photo!!!!!

Cactus
Cactus Reader
6/6/17 8:23 p.m.

I want AC in my truck, too bad they don't have a kit for a 1990.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
6/6/17 8:31 p.m.

I went searching for the International Harvester bolt in kits and didn't find them.
The do have a big truck kit that might just fit the bill. Thanks for the heads up.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
6/6/17 8:31 p.m.

In reply to Cactus:

Underdadh unit on ebay for 100 bucks. Works great in the elky.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/17 9:41 p.m.
Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
6/7/17 9:17 a.m.

Ive been looking at aftermarket evap/blower units to add AC to a couple of my cars which it was either not ordered with or stripped out of. Haven't found an aftermarket unit that fits my spaces close enough to justify it, but i'm just being picky about my spaces. I think in something like the cab of Mazdeuce's new truck that it would be pretty easy to find one that's a good fit.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cCPxV1WYnTwch8FcIhAILQwpo6begYqnFWhZmwWkS0WZhGdM0WjQIhGDlAGFGBuG