1 2 3 ... 7
Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/18/14 8:07 a.m.

With all the recent purchases, I thought a central thread for Abarth stuff was appropriate. Let's get this thing going.

So, who has bought anything from 500madness.com? Good stuff?

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
3/18/14 8:49 a.m.

Abarth thread? Sweet!

photo DSC_1846s.jpg

Oh wait..... You mean the new ones right?

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
3/18/14 9:02 a.m.

500 madness is a good place. Haven't purchased anything for mine yet but they seem to have a good repuation and carry most of the major suppliers.

Some of the things on my wishlist when I stop spending money on the other heaps in my driveway:

Rear seat delete kit (not sold by madness). They've been folded down since the day I bought the car and I don't anticipate them going up any time soon.

Piggyback computer, I'll probably go with the MM one eventually. But so far I've never felt the car lacked power for my needs so adding more is just asking for trouble.

Default "on" sport mode switch. These are actually modified by an old friend of mine for sale by madness, he has a writeup on DIY somewhere so I'll probably build rather than buy on that one.

That's the short list, over all I just enjoy driving the heck out of it :)

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
3/18/14 9:20 a.m.

Okay, once my warranty is up, the default on sport mode switch mod will be done! The two biggest pet peeves I have with the car is having to turn that back on everytime I start the car, and the fact that I have to manually lock the car instead of using the remote, in order to keep it from beeping.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/18/14 9:24 a.m.

In reply to eastsidemav:

Yeah I wish the Sport was default. As it should be. I'm concerned about the warranty vs short shift kit. And I just deal with the beep.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/14 9:41 a.m.

that is weird with the sport button.. at least in my disco the "sport" button stays depressed once you click it.

And now that the new Abarths are out.. I may need to change my avatar

kanaric
kanaric HalfDork
3/18/14 9:47 a.m.

I got tired of buying a new car and being concerned with the warranty all the time. If you want to mod it just do it, if not buy a older used car and mod that instead. If something breaks there is no difference really. If you can't afford to fix it don't mod it.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
3/18/14 10:02 a.m.

DO WANT

Ditchdigger wrote: Abarth thread? Sweet!  photo DSC_1846s.jpg Oh wait..... You mean the new ones right?
JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
3/18/14 10:05 a.m.
kanaric wrote: I got tired of buying a new car and being concerned with the warranty all the time. If you want to mod it just do it, if not buy a older used car and mod that instead. If something breaks there is no difference really. If you can't afford to fix it don't mod it.

I kind of feel the same way but since I kill a 40k warranty in one year it gives me the first year to work out any stock bugs and decide where to go next. Now that I'm out of warranty my only hold back is money...sigh.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
3/18/14 10:26 a.m.
kanaric wrote: I got tired of buying a new car and being concerned with the warranty all the time. If you want to mod it just do it, if not buy a older used car and mod that instead. If something breaks there is no difference really. If you can't afford to fix it don't mod it.

I get tired of trying to keep an older, modified car reliable enough for daily service. If anything happens to the Abarth, its on the dealer. If something happens to my engine-swapped Neon rallycrosser, thats on me, but at least I don't have to work on it immediately if it fails...

Edit: Back on topic - I haven't decided if this thing gets winter tires next fall, or the minivan does. I hear there are at least a few 15" wheel options that will fit the brakes. Anyone successfully tried 'em yet?

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
3/18/14 10:44 a.m.

Drove all winter on my all seasons (not the stock tires though, burned them up before winter)

I know finding a 15" that fits over the brakes is very difficult, even some 16's don't fit I've heard.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/18/14 12:15 p.m.

I'm curious about winter tires myself. The xB had a generic all-season set I ran Nov till Apr, and the S-Drives were Apr to Nov. This is a weird size, like 4x98.5 or something so I'm not sure I'm down with another expensive set of wheels.

For snow & such I have the Subaru next winter. Just concerned about temp's.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/18/14 12:17 p.m.
JThw8 wrote: Some of the things on my wishlist when I stop spending money on the other heaps in my driveway: Rear seat delete kit (not sold by madness). They've been folded down since the day I bought the car and I don't anticipate them going up any time soon.

Rear seat delete? I'm intrigued.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
3/18/14 12:33 p.m.

I had a "drag" of a time with the Abarth...

http://www.autos.ca/car-test-drives/2013-fiat-500-abarth-cabrio/

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
3/18/14 12:42 p.m.
Jerry wrote:
JThw8 wrote: Some of the things on my wishlist when I stop spending money on the other heaps in my driveway: Rear seat delete kit (not sold by madness). They've been folded down since the day I bought the car and I don't anticipate them going up any time soon.

http://rearseatdelete.com/fiat500.html

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
3/18/14 1:12 p.m.
Lesley wrote: I had a "drag" of a time with the Abarth... http://www.autos.ca/car-test-drives/2013-fiat-500-abarth-cabrio/

Lesley, I remember that article when you first posted it. Loved it!

There are quite a few 500c Abarths still available on lots near me, but I really wdidn't want the extra weight and complexity. And I have a major hangup about being able to see out of a car.

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs HalfDork
3/18/14 1:46 p.m.

Wobble bolts should let you run 4x100 wheels

I saw an Abarth at autocross this weekend with a big scorpion decal in the hood. I want one but in maroon, not red. Anyone seen one?

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
3/18/14 1:52 p.m.
icaneat50eggs wrote: Wobble bolts should let you run 4x100 wheels I saw an Abarth at autocross this weekend with a big scorpion decal in the hood. I want one but in maroon, not red. Anyone seen one?

The decal or the car? The cars only come in black, white, red and grey. The decal I can hook you up with.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
3/18/14 1:57 p.m.

Speaking of competition - anyone seen one being rallycrossed yet? I'm thinking the aftermarket lower strut brace would be perfect for the rear mounting point for a skidplate.

If the Neon dies about the same time the Abarth comes out of warranty, I may have a new SF or PF class rallycrosser.

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs HalfDork
3/18/14 2:33 p.m.

The decal

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
3/18/14 2:50 p.m.
icaneat50eggs wrote: The decal

Shoot me an email jim at misfittoysracing dot com I already have the scorpion file for the cutter (cut some for my car) I just need to see if I have any maroon vinyl. What size do you need? If I have maroon its probably only on a 15" roll so wider than that would have to be a multi part decal.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/18/14 8:29 p.m.
JThw8 wrote:
Jerry wrote:
http://rearseatdelete.com/fiat500.html

Lose 47# by removing the "last-resort" backseat that will go unused 99% of it's life?? I'm interested! Hell, I drove the xB for almost 6 yrs and the backseat was used I think 4 times, including the test drive I rode along when the couple bought it last month.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/19/14 3:45 p.m.

Dolce!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
3/20/14 7:31 a.m.

I'll just put this here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lancia-Autobianchi-A112-Abarth-Lancia-Autobianchi-A112-Abarth-/141221930184?forcerrptr=true&hash=item20e17ba4c8&item=141221930184&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/20/14 8:22 a.m.

In reply to aussiesmg:

"runs like a cloak"

1 2 3 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0qEbbte5cGjTNbCq6bW0Be4pxmj3mIbuVOp0FQ6F41Yqdw0nuPO5hdM8MTeqY4Iy