paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 HalfDork
12/20/13 6:58 p.m.

I'm planning on entering the racing fold before this March. Likely rallycross, but who knows.

I have a nickname that I would like to turn into a race team name and need help coming up with a logo.

Chances are good I know what it will look like, but I am software challenged when it comes to developing it.

Any budding artists here? You will get props on the blog I do, and a couple stickers on my car, and payment in- beer? bacon? MG parts? you name it! I just don't have deep pockets money wise.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/20/13 7:01 p.m.

I want to say I will take a crack at this, because I'd really like to. I have a lack of photoshop at the moment, and I'm terrible about deadlines. I might bang out something in pencil for someone else to clean up though, if you don't mind.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
12/20/13 7:13 p.m.

I'll give it a crack. IM me with as much info as you can, especially things you have thought of (so I get an idea of what kind of things float your boat).

paranoid_android74
12/20/13 7:14 p.m.

Perfect!

As I've stated in other posts, I can't draw a straight line without a ruler. I've fooled with existing images in GIMP but suck at it.

Let's give it a go!

I'm only looking for a single color image, so it doesn't have to be intricate. And I have a work friend who prints stuff, so if I can get a file of some type to him he can do the decals.

Thanks man! I think this will be fun!

Shall we continue off forum? I really don't care either way.

mndsm wrote: I want to say I will take a crack at this, because I'd really like to. I have a lack of photoshop at the moment, and I'm terrible about deadlines. I might bang out something in pencil for someone else to clean up though, if you don't mind.
paranoid_android74
12/20/13 7:20 p.m.

Ok- back track- holy buckets, I didn't expect one post on this, much less two.

How do I proceed amicably?

Deadlines don't matter- I'm a few months away from getting the car anyway.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/20/13 7:27 p.m.

Make sure you use lots of umlauts.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/20/13 7:29 p.m.

I believe the amicable decision would be to PM both of us, and use whichever you like better. Or tell me to berkeley off because I'm not a pro graphics guy lol.

paranoid_android74
12/20/13 7:39 p.m.

I would, but I can't. That is sacrilege for a former German major!

logdog wrote: Make sure you use lots of umlauts.
paranoid_android74
12/20/13 7:40 p.m.

Ok- messages sent to mndsm and Dr. Boost.

Please have fun with this, I don't want this to turn into a competition thing

Hntsvl_E30
Hntsvl_E30 New Reader
12/20/13 7:41 p.m.

Graphic designer here. I specialize in creating logo's. Will help if needed.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/20/13 7:54 p.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote: I would, but I can't. That is sacrilege for a former German major!
logdog wrote: Make sure you use lots of umlauts.

Umlauts make sure people know you are serious. Just ask Spinal Tap!

paranoid_android74
12/20/13 7:59 p.m.

I sent you a message too.

Hntsvl_E30 wrote: Graphic designer here. I specialize in creating logo's. Will help if needed.
paranoid_android74
12/20/13 8:02 p.m.

You mean like this?

paranoid_android74
12/20/13 8:05 p.m.

So if you are trying to grow something, shoot me a logo too- I would love to have that cut to and put it on the car~

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/20/13 8:06 p.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote: You mean like this?

I had this sticker on my old old old Corolla.

paranoid_android74
12/20/13 8:23 p.m.

This was another good one:

Hntsvl_E30
Hntsvl_E30 New Reader
12/30/13 10:05 a.m.

So lets see the design that won.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
12/30/13 10:18 a.m.

Can't you just post the text and some guidelines in the public here? It's just for fun and I'm good at that stuff too. Why not just post here and save the PM stuff for private stuff...?

paranoid_android74
12/30/13 1:18 p.m.

No final decision made- the holiday distraction settled in and I have had very little computer time at work.

Hntsvl_E30 wrote: So lets see the design that won.
paranoid_android74
12/30/13 1:25 p.m.

Well, I guess I can!

My nick-name from vintage racing is "3wheel Morse" from my first attempt at crewing for a vintage race car. I'd like to use "3 Wheel Racing" as a team name. Spacing or spelling doesn't matter.

My initial idea was to have three rims stacked like a pyramid followed by the name. I was thinking of using three basket weave BBS wheels stacked like a triangle with the center hubs changed to BCM instead of BBS- BCM is my initials. Or if another classic wheel design would work better use that!

And then I don't know- 3WheelRacing, or Three Wheel Racing, or whatever looks good. Be an artist here! I tend to like simpler fonts, nothing like olde english.

And I think it will be a single color graphic to place across the back windshield, and maybe some smaller scale ones for other spots, but the same graphic- unless you guys inspire me otherwise. And if you can cut the graphics yourselves I will go with you- because my co-worker friend is a shiny happy person to deal with, but he's cheap.

ebonyandivory wrote: Can't you just post the text and some guidelines in the public here? It's just for fun and I'm good at that stuff too. Why not just post here and save the PM stuff for private stuff...?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VXbY71z1vwF7VuGNjVywW5mCgh4UIWCxrhcJLfOrjNUnGygxF7mItu62pFBl7klv