1 2
Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Reader
9/14/08 3:45 p.m.

No I am not obsessed with Minis, but this is one of the things the hard core Mini lovers have been dreading, Behold the 2010 Mini Crossover................concept that is.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/09/paris-preview-2010-mini-crossover-concept/

I hope this hasn't been posted before. If so go back to your usual routine.

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
9/14/08 5:29 p.m.

One word: hideous.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Reader
9/14/08 5:35 p.m.

They are really pushing the envelope trying to capitalize on the popularity of the MINI design.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
9/14/08 5:35 p.m.

did a cayenne berkeley a new FJ in the back lot at a mini dealer?

fastclown
fastclown New Reader
9/14/08 6:19 p.m.

As Gomer Pyle would say, "Surprise, surprise, surprise." But of course it's no surprise, the marketing department put the writing on the wall when the first BMWMINI was introduced. Since the regular BMWMINI has become a regular, found in used car lots, automobile, BMW had to come up with something else to make people feel like they will stand out from the crowd. Now they've pushed it to where owners of these should hide from the crowd. But, I'm sure we'll be seeing them parked next to the BMW Clubawoman at British car shows. Thank you BMW for not raping the Mini history and name. See I can be polite.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/14/08 7:23 p.m.
fastclown wrote: As Gomer Pyle would say, "Surprise, surprise, surprise." But of course it's no surprise, the marketing department put the writing on the wall when the first BMWMINI was introduced. Since the regular BMWMINI has become a regular, found in used car lots, automobile, BMW had to come up with something else to make people feel like they will stand out from the crowd. Now they've pushed it to where owners of these should hide from the crowd. But, I'm sure we'll be seeing them parked next to the BMW Clubawoman at British car shows. Thank you BMW for not raping the Mini history and name. See I can be polite.

There is something so poetic about a bitter, bitter clown.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Reader
9/14/08 8:13 p.m.

They should at least consider a power upgrade considering it's wider, longer and carrying around an AWD system that should all add to several hundred pounds more in overall weight. Maybe a diesel?

fastclown
fastclown New Reader
9/14/08 9:35 p.m.

"it's wider, longer and carrying around an AWD system that should all add to several hundred pounds more in overall weight. Maybe a diesel? " Sticking to the original philosophy and purpose of the real Mini is a great idea!

Not a bitter clown, just a clown that can't stop laughing at something that was so obviously going to happen from day one. There is something so poetic about a clown that was right.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
9/15/08 9:53 a.m.

At least they didn't stick a Nissan motor in there

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
9/15/08 10:28 a.m.

That thing is just plain fugly.

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
9/15/08 11:33 a.m.

its very obvious that that is just a mini-ized photoshop of an infinity FX-35/45. they didnt even change the wheels!

fastclown
fastclown New Reader
9/15/08 11:43 a.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: At least they didn't stick a Nissan motor in there

They're obviously staying away from quality parts. They'll make up in the advertising department what they lack in performance and looks. Another cutesy slogan/campaign and there will be a line at the dealers for these things. I hope the BWMMOKE comes out soon so the entertainment continues.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Reader
9/15/08 1:01 p.m.
Strizzo wrote: its very obvious that that is just a mini-ized photoshop of an infinity FX-35/45. they didnt even change the wheels!

That was my first impression too......very Infiniti like.

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
9/15/08 1:07 p.m.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/15/08 1:09 p.m.

Rrrribbit. Ribbit. Rribbit.

Mowog
Mowog New Reader
9/15/08 1:23 p.m.

Looks like a grouper.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/15/08 1:25 p.m.
Mowog wrote: Looks like a grouper.

?

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/15/08 2:04 p.m.

Ewww. Yeah, it does look like a grouper.

At least it'll hold lots of clowns.

fastclown
fastclown New Reader
9/15/08 2:36 p.m.

"At least it'll hold lots of clowns." You mean Bozo's, clowns wouldn't be seen in something like that, especially badged as a Mini/MINI/MiNi/mInI/MIni/miNI... no matter how the marketing department writes it. Come on BMWMOKE!!!

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/15/08 3:21 p.m.

likes like a mini porsche cayenne..

lame.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/15/08 4:07 p.m.

Since it's so much larger than the Mini, I think BMW should see if they still retain the rights to the old BL "Maxi" nameplate.

If only because it would make for better/easier/more jokes.

mtn
mtn Dork
9/15/08 4:10 p.m.

I just threw up a little in my mouth

katonk
katonk New Reader
9/15/08 4:10 p.m.

And if it gets 20-25mpg, it'll probably sell like hotcakes.... even though it looks like a grouper.

Varkwso
Varkwso Reader
9/15/08 4:50 p.m.
katonk wrote: And if it gets 20-25mpg, it'll probably sell like hotcakes.... even though it looks like a grouper.

It will make all the minnows run away though...

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
9/15/08 4:56 p.m.
katonk wrote: And if it gets 20-25mpg, it'll probably sell like hotcakes.... even though it looks like a grouper.

if its dog slow, they won't be able to give it away. besides, small turbo gas motors don't seem to do well mileage-wise when saddled with a bunch of extra weight. look at the mazda cx7, which only gets 1mpg better than the larger, heavier, and larger displacement v6 cx9, and makes about the same amount of power.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DsEenyyPVlhOKOZbhwxI8UVTIg3Usy5N2NVaWQ6hzgPh1tt4Q7Ic1uXBFqUYrKqN