1 2 3
LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/18/20 7:36 a.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

The best lease deals right now seem to be the Tacoma and the Dodge Ram 1500 "Big Horn." Prices end up about the same when optioned similarly.

For the same price, the Dodge has a V8 and much more towing capacity. But it's physically huge. Maybe too big for my wife (and even me) to comfortably manage as a daily driver. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
7/18/20 9:13 a.m.

In reply to LanEvo :

My friend picked up a 2020 2500 diesel. Not sure big horn or Laramie. Paid $70,000 last week. 10k off sticker . It has too big for me, and it's not even the mega cab 

great truck.

Doesn't even compare to my lowly tacoma. 

if lease is same, as you said, it's a no brainer, Ram all the way 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/18/20 9:23 a.m.

Lanevo, are you really in Manhattan like your profile says? If so, that changes everything. Taco all the way. 

Although, I would also check out the frontier and see what deals Nissan is running. I say this without knowing the state of the frontier these days or reading all of the thread. 

ggarrard
ggarrard GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/18/20 4:52 p.m.

Lanevo....   you might remember the Black E30M3 you ran with at Mosport....  that was towed to various vintage events in eastern Ontario and western Quebec with a 2006 Tacoma double cab long box using an open trailer with tire rack and it handled the hills without any issues or concerns... He has since replaced it with a Ford F-150 but that's another story.  

I owned a Dodge Ram 1500 hemi for a bit, and it towed anything I ever hooked to it, but it was hard on gas.   I replaced the Dodge with a Frontier crew cab because for our needs the size is more manageable, and it gets somewhat better mileage (plus I’m a Nissan fanboi)

I suggest you try both the Tacoma and Dodge out for size as you might find the full sized truck fit your needs better....

PS...  Feds here just announced the Can/US border is to remain closed until at least August 21 for any non-essential travel, so you might find Tremblant is off your calendar...

cheers, and stay safe

Gordon

Carbon (Forum Supporter)
Carbon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/19/20 8:03 a.m.
CyberEric said:

How do you have a Hilux? Canada?

They're all a hilux prior to the Tacoma. It was a global model until 95.5. 

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/25/20 8:13 p.m.

For whatever it's worth, I ended up going with the 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 "Big Horn" (dumb name). It's bigger than I originally wanted, but it's much smoother riding and has significantly more tow capacity than the Tacoma.

I was able find a quad-cab, 4x4, with tow package, tons of options, and the 5.7 Hemi for $12k under sticker. The monthly lease payments are less than they would have been for the Tacoma ... or even the Mazda 3 we were looking at.

I guess Dodge must not be selling these things because they seem to be in "fire sale" mode.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uaxMNMcXi7p8Vu450UkVDychgfuyJczsiK6kNH6Rg9ZFkiOUivLJjE6HXiOJh62v