ThurdFerguson
ThurdFerguson New Reader
8/19/19 10:58 a.m.
adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/19/19 11:17 a.m.

One of the guys (Eric Vlasik) in our Rally club worked as a driving instructor on the show pre running the challenges ahead of the competitors, his connection was through Andrew Comrie-Picard who used to run the Canadian Rally championship. Eric spoke about the show at one of our meetings over this past winter so it will be cool to check it out.

Adam 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/19/19 11:44 a.m.

" The drivers come from a variety of motorsports disciplines -- including rallying, spinning and drag racing - ..."

Ok, I give. What is spinning? I know about the kind on exercise bikes. What is it as a motorsport? Do they mean drifting?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/19 12:00 p.m.

Yeah I've never heard of "spinning" in the context of motorsports. If I had to guess, maybe they mean Aussie-style burnout competitions or British-style dexterity? There's lots of spinning in those laugh

As an introverted person I would actually hate a high-publicity job with lots of PR work like that. Same reason I never applied to be an Extreme E driver even though I'm very well-qualified.

This show looks like it could be interesting though.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
8/19/19 12:19 p.m.

Official trailer

Sorry Netflix, I have a hard time swallowing the drama. There’s plenty of actual badass people competing in motorsports today and in the past.

From yesterday’s board track racers to today’s Isle of Man. Guys like Junior Johnson must be rolling their eyes. Maybe it’s just the pessimist in me but come on, give me a break. That said, I’ll give it a chance but can we settle down with the theatrics?

j_tso
j_tso New Reader
8/19/19 12:21 p.m.

In South Africa spinning is like parking lot drifting with emphasis on donuts and burnouts.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/19 12:28 p.m.
j_tso said:

In South Africa spinning is like parking lot drifting with emphasis on donuts and burnouts.

Ah, so basically a South African term for an Aussie-style burnout competition.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KYeHXMqprB7j2MhhKgTHUITeybr0txP7V6DXpTeYKUt0WwMR2zfbvKgisGgFb5Wc