BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/11/19 9:12 a.m.

I've finally started working on my aircooled 911, and one of the first jobs I need to address is a wrong connector between segments of the heater piping that might allow exhaust fumes to enter the car.

The car has older-style SSI heat exchangers that are connected via flexible piping. The piping goes through a hole in the tinwork that separates the top and bottom engine bay into a rubber boot. The piece that goes into said rubber boot is a simple 90 degree exhaust pipe that's been expanded a little but not enough at the top:

That's with the jubilee clip around the rubber boot fully tight - you can see a sizeable gap.

Easy button for this it to hit up a local muffler shop in the hope that they can make me an appropriate connecting pipe out of a J/U bend piece of piping.

That said, if someone on here works with stainless or titanium exhaust piping and would be game to make me a neat adapter pipe out of stainless or titanium (hmm, pie cuts...) for an appropriate number of beer vouchers, please hit me up.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ldVlJqcZXYDsWSW9c4WrwyIAF0FUptNTN3SDcqOVm9uGsmlsqQnLfU9z4BQVhOPL