1 2
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/25/21 12:35 p.m.

If you can make boot camp military corners on your bed, it's stupid easy.  Take a breath and remind yourself it's just getting ripped off and tossed like a cheap teddy anyway.

oh yeah, grease the skids too.

RaabTheSaab
RaabTheSaab New Reader
12/25/21 2:37 p.m.

In reply to bgkast :

I thought maybe pinball machine or arcade consol 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/25/21 2:56 p.m.

took her about 5 minutes to get this far. Then another 20 to find a pair of scissors because the tags hurt. 

I'll call it a success

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/25/21 8:21 p.m.

SWMBO, bless her genius soul, raised the kids to understand that gifts from Santa aren't wrapped. Pile covered in a blanket, put out after bedtime.  Only the gifts from people are wrapped. Cut the time wrapping by 75%. Even in their 20's now, Santa still delivers. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/25/21 9:23 p.m.

Wrapping is easy.

You just put the box on the paper and make sure you have enough on the edges to go slightly further than half way.

Make sure you have enough paper to go the entire way around the box.

Flip the box over and put the right-side up, down.  

Wrap the paper until it is halfway up the middle of the box.  Put a piece of tape in the middle attached to the box.

Put a little tension on the paper so it's tight to the box.  Fold the other piece over the box and tape it to near the middle of the box.

This is where it gets tricky....  take one side and fold the "short sides" in.  This will make the top "flap and bottom flap" look like tabletops (the jump).  Fold the side down that has the paper seem in it.  Tape that tightly to the box.

Fold the other flap up and tape it in place.

Do the same to the other side.

Boom done.

Most of it is in the prep and measuring of the paper and the piece to be wrapped.

I bet I can wrap a present well in about 3 minutes.

When you get to this point and can do that well, we can talk about how you Fold the paper over at any exposed seem.  It adds a bit of professionalism, but doubles the patience and amount of time required.

That's for mommas presents, not the toddlers.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/25/21 9:57 p.m.

I understand the technique and yet I still hate it. Just hate it. And I even do a halfway decent job. Still hate it. 

I had a friend one time reveal that he enjoys doing it, bringing my stuff over to his house for him to do it while we hung out was the best Christmas gift that year. 

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
12/26/21 4:05 a.m.

Oh good. It's not just me. 

I have an aunt that wraps any shape, any shape at all, such that the pattern matches at the seems. Then, to rub it in, she doesn't use tape. Tuck and fold space alien orifriggingami. Me? It looks basically like a wadded up ball of torn up taped up wrapping paper that looks like it already got pulled off of a present.

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
12/26/21 11:25 a.m.

I just grab the box of mixed wrapping paper remnants and start taping them together to fit whatever I need to wrap - gives a sort of a kaleidoscopic air to the occasion.  

BTW - that's a decent Pinot, mate!  Cheers!

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
12/26/21 6:19 p.m.
ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
12/26/21 6:21 p.m.

The last post is about my wrapping job some years. I was very loved this year by everyone though after trying to open all the photos and frames...hahha.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/26/21 7:27 p.m.
bgkast said:
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Wrapping presents? I own that E36 M3!

But why did you wrap a wood stove up?

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/26/21 7:43 p.m.
j_tso said:

I assume body panel fabbers are better at it than engine/suspension tuners.

Quoted for truth.  

Signed,

Suspension Engineer

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7YXSsX2RmRWKxMjaAFpzjAUFE6ZxdMYJZ39IIvq3bhz65EEgxnJ7MOtCqycz2JPD