1 2 3
HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
4/17/15 1:23 p.m.

Way too many of you wake up waaaaaaay to berkeleying early in the morning.

If I'm out of bed by 7am its a miracle. Of course, its impossible for me to stay in bed past 830am, so its a very narrow window even on weekends.

But seriously, berkeley everything about getting up before 7am haha

PseudoSport
PseudoSport Dork
4/17/15 1:56 p.m.

In reply to ebonyandivory:

Ha, I should really clean up my yard so you don’t have to stare at all my crap. It’s still mess from when the garage came down. AMC is either parked at Jay St / High St in Hanson and my yard. Neighbors and GF’s think it’s an eye sore so it gets moved around.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
4/17/15 1:56 p.m.

I get up at 5:30 just so I can sit outside work and drink my coffee, listen to the radio and read GRM in peace and quiet.

Otherwise, it'd be 6am

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
4/17/15 2:00 p.m.
ebonyandivory wrote: So why did I see the AMC in Hanson on High Street (iirc).

Please tell me you saw the AMC when it had all the festive balloons tied to it. We parked it at our buddy's place on High St. when he first moved there as a "housewarming present". I mean, who doesn't want a bright yellow and brown AMC on their front lawn?

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
4/17/15 2:02 p.m.

In reply to PseudoSport:

It doesn't look bad at all, just interesting!

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
4/17/15 2:41 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote:
ebonyandivory wrote: So why did I see the AMC in Hanson on High Street (iirc).
Please tell me you saw the AMC when it had all the festive balloons tied to it. We parked it at our buddy's place on High St. when he first moved there as a "housewarming present". I mean, who doesn't want a bright yellow and brown AMC on their front lawn?

No balloons unfortunately. I'd think it was cool even if I hadn't been following the build on GRM.

Any car-guy would!

You can park it in my yard any time, just leave the keys!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/15 2:43 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: I'm a T&R guy as well Tony. I too have been to Pseudosports house, or maybe it was his parents place in Hingham.

Steak and Eggs!!!!!!

TAParker
TAParker Reader
4/17/15 2:45 p.m.

Put the dogs outside for their "ritual" before 5:30 am, or I am cleaning it up..............

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
8/20/20 5:19 a.m.

Wake up at 3am, bathroom and check news to see if today is the apocalypse or not.   Make iced coffee, pack breakfast and lunch, let old dog out to use bathroom, weigh myself.  Leave by 3:25am, pull into work around 4:30am.  Scan GRM until 4:50am, walk into work to punch my card, change into work blues and eat breakfast, BS with coworkers until morning safety meeting starts.

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/20/20 7:23 a.m.
DominicWhite said:

Yes, I have one which is to do with meditation. I got lots of dreams often. Thus, I try to interprete them while meditating :)

Feel strongly enough about it for your first post to be dragging up a 5 year old thread? 

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/20/20 7:24 a.m.
chloewest91 said:

So do I. Morning rituals are the best thing to start your day in a good frame of mind. I usually have a good run with my dog. but not on sundays, Sunday is a sleep day :D

Same question.

pirate
pirate HalfDork
8/20/20 9:34 a.m.

Didn't retire until 72 now 74. Wake up usually about 6:30 or 7:00 no alarms. Wander in to kitchen make a cup of coffee. Turn onTV to catch weather and news. Turn off TV check for messages and email while drinking second cup of coffee. Check out what is going on here. Go for a walk with wife maybe a mile or two. Then out to shop to work on car project or other projects.

Would be easy to park butt in recliner but try to stay busy.  We also have motorhome we use a lot. Same routine except substitute working on projects to whatever is going on wherever we are whether it be car related (races, show, cruising) or just travel.

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
8/20/20 10:21 a.m.

Yes. Coffee. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
8/20/20 10:25 a.m.

Had a real solid routine when I still went in to work, have been trying to maintain ever since working from home started but it's not working nearly as well. Dog gets walked maybe 1/2 the days, usually online by 7:15 or so but i've started taking some mornings to go on a run and get online at 8 instead. Coffee is a necessity, and sometimes food in there as well. Having a "commute" (9 miles) was a real anchor/time deadline to my morning, and it kept me motivated. 

JBinMD
JBinMD New Reader
8/20/20 11:25 a.m.

My morning routine is a two step process.  

1) Stumble to the kitchen and have coffee. 

2) Everything else. 

You would never mistake me for a morning person, ever.  

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
8/20/20 12:20 p.m.

wake up, walk dog, make breakfast, get ready, commute, check e-mails, knock out daily reqs, check GRM and other social media, work out, then eat lunch. 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
8/20/20 4:37 p.m.

In reply to bluej (Forum Supporter) :

This is a funny zombie thread. LIke, how did they find a 5 year old with a morning ritual as a topic??? 

I wish I was consistent enough to have a ritual.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/20/20 5:10 p.m.

WFH has really changed my morning ritual.

Wake up, go pee, shrug on a shirt and some gym shorts, boot up and login to the work computer, start breakfast while it thinks about downloading my emails and whatnot.

Previously there was a solid hour-hour and a half between waking up and logging in.  Now that I'm at home I've cut it down to 15-20 minutes, maybe 10 if I'm not that excited about breakfast.

MrFancypants
MrFancypants Reader
8/20/20 6:23 p.m.

Preferred: Wake up, do bathroom stuff, eat breakfast, do whatever dishes need to be done, drink coffee, read, take a nap...  then lunch.

Actual: Wake up, do bathroom stuff, eat breakfast, drink coffee, tell kids to stop throwing food on the floor, do dishes, try to read, tell kids to stop throwing their toys, change dirty diapers, take away thrown toys, change more diapers... then lunch.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/20/20 6:39 p.m.

6:15 alarm

wake up

poop

shower

dress

feed fish

make coffee

walk dog so dog can poop

Pour coffee in mug

feed dog

go down to basement and start work

work while drinking coffee 

Note that this is a highly repeatable process, I’d say with a Cpk of > 2.0 for those who know statistics

Trent (Generally supportive dude)
Trent (Generally supportive dude) PowerDork
8/20/20 9:32 p.m.

Alarm at 5:30

Start coffee

Find clothes appropriate for the days tasks

bathroom stuff/take shower

Put on the clothes from earlier

Give the basset hound her pills

Drink coffee while scrolling through GRM forums on the phone. 

At work by 6:30

Spend an hour assessing the work that needs to be done by all the techs that day, get all the tasks set up in our software ready for everyone to log into when they start at 8. Make sure all parts and supplies are ordered 

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
8/20/20 9:38 p.m.

Awake at 0500, dress, nature's call, grab lunchbox, out the door by 0530. Clock in by 0600, compressor checks, any needed repairs, then start on any scheduled projects. Usually get my morning GRM fix at about 1000. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/20 10:08 p.m.

Up between 2a to 4a depending on my shift, walk dog, bathroom, email to see what I'm walking into, dress and hit the road. Park, sit in the car 30 or so minutes listening to music then get my seltzer and into the office. Check email again then start going on the days problems.  I usually peek in here and the book of faces as time allows. 

90BuickCentury
90BuickCentury Reader
8/20/20 11:02 p.m.

Wake up.

Chaos.

Go to bed.

Repeat.

I work anywhere from 4-14hrs a day at 1-5 different sites of the 20 or so sites I visit. Sometimes I take a day off. Sometimes I work weekends. Sometimes work calls me in at 3AM. Drive whichever vehicle already has tools in it from yesterday or whichever vehicle is running good enough that day. Ritual is a foreign concept to me.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
2/17/21 3:55 p.m.

An older friend told me his. It goes like this.

5AM- Pee

6AM-BM

7AM-get out of bed

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YA8G6hF14Un85xI0m11xJFnYVbxTsmYgplgArBpteT7pRHQDAiHk7pSXqYvRq8zy