e23inGB
e23inGB New Reader
11/5/14 9:48 p.m.

Or does anyone know of 505 motors in downers grove? They have a 325ci sport package with a manual and a manual Volvo s60r, both of which I'm pretty interested in. Just curious as to how reputable of a dealership they are.

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
11/5/14 10:03 p.m.

im in grayslake - around 20 miles from downers grove. Not familiar with them. travelling this week, but could check something out when I get back if you need.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
11/5/14 10:21 p.m.

I grew up there and my wife and I lived there for 13 years.

I'm not familiar with them. Linky?

e23inGB
e23inGB New Reader
11/5/14 10:34 p.m.
oldtin wrote: im in grayslake - around 20 miles from downers grove. Not familiar with them. travelling this week, but could check something out when I get back if you need.

That would be most appreciated if you would go check them out. I'm in Green Bay, Wi so that's just a wee bit far for me to just go check out a car lot.

Their link is here http://www.505motors.com/

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
11/5/14 11:09 p.m.

I like that 1990 300zx 2+2, except for the color and high possibility of hoonage by a false and nefarious previous owner.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/5/14 11:24 p.m.

In reply to The_Jed:

Lowered on Rotas? Aftermarket bumper and seats? Painted interior and neon green crossover tube? NAH, it hasn't been molested AT ALL, EVER!

Also, the web reviews of 505motors are pretty mixed...most of the Downers Grove pseudo-lux retailers are like that, though. It's tough because bad dealers occasionally sell a great car, and great dealers occasionally sell a bad one.

e23inGB
e23inGB New Reader
11/5/14 11:49 p.m.

In reply to SlickDizzy:

That's how I kind f felt about them. The bimmer is only a 2 owner car according to the car fax and appears to be fairly clean. The s60r has more miles and not sure what's considered high on those beasts.

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
11/6/14 3:59 a.m.

Was thinking one of these when I first saw "505 motors:"

Also, canoe deleted.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/6/14 6:09 a.m.

In reply to RexSeven:

Same here.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
11/6/14 6:18 a.m.
SlickDizzy wrote: In reply to The_Jed: Also, the web reviews of 505motors are pretty mixed...most of the Downers Grove pseudo-lux retailers are like that, though. It's tough because bad dealers occasionally sell a great car, and great dealers occasionally sell a bad one.

This^ I bought both my boxster and E55 from Luxury Motors and according to internet results I should have died in a fiery crash while throwing money in the fire. Both were great cars that were well priced. I had both inspected by professionals in that marque though and wouldn't buy a car in that price range over the phone.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9WVCZqJ7IY7bzMynUcjZGOdgbsqIwU3qpxSknitw6vbhgyBeVxvuwQ9j90eJ7Aal