1 2
stroker
stroker PowerDork
4/12/23 1:11 p.m.
ddavidv said:

Here's a thread about a guy reviving an old Hawk. It will give a decent GRM style insight as to how these are to work on.

now THAT might be a useful link...  Thanks!

The Studebaker Drivers Club is an active and passionate group. Once a year, their Turning Wheels monthly publication includes a directory of suppliers of parts and services.  There still seems to be an adequate supply of parts to keep the cars going. And the Studebaker museum in South Bend is fascinating.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UberDork
4/13/23 7:11 a.m.

I have lark seat frames free to any one that needs them , they have been in the rafters of my garage about 15 years

car39
car39 Dork
4/13/23 10:47 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

The last 2 years of production, they used McKinnon engines, which were Chevy engines.  When they closed South Bend production in December 1964, they also closed the engine plant.  65 & 66 Studbreakers were made with Chevy engines.  Prior to that, it was all Studebaker.

68TR250
68TR250 HalfDork
4/13/23 11:05 a.m.

My first car was a '63 2 door sedan (post). Straight 6 with three on the column.  Changed it to a Foxcraft floor shift.  It was Champaign gold.  I had paint mixed up for it and was told it had a lot of aluminum in it.  It was painted for me by my neighbor.   It had weak front springs which gave it kind of rake look to it.

While I was away at college some local punks got into it and tore the dash apart stealing the toggle switches out of it.  My folks junked it.

I've always had a soft spot for the 63's but the 64 and newer really spoke to me.

Wouldn't mind getting another one but really not in the market.

My dad was good friends with the local Stude dealer and he had a new Avanti in the showroom.  Took me for a ride and made my year!

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
4/13/23 1:09 p.m.

I love Studebakers, yet I have never owned one, and not for the lack of trying. We had a family friend growing up that was really into them (and by extension, AMC's), so they were always around in my influential years. I pretty much love them all, but my favorites have to be the early 50's Champion, the Wagonaire, and their line of light trucks. That friend recently had a factory supercharged Wagonaire Daytona R2, which might have been the coolest thing they built! Pretty sure this one which has traded hands a few times on BaT was his. V8, 4-speed manual, SUPERCHARGED Wagon? And the roof in the back comes off so you can haul stuff? Yes please! 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rrsbgtDPmfwwxmRbcvymXpPZkIbNOep7zWD3pODhbr6dj7RGOWATYId4BndlCq22